Acer Aspire A715-71G - Battery keeps stop charging and charge again a

Omar0
Omar0 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have Acer Aspire A715-71G Laptop and i bought it a year ago
My part number is: NXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX00
Before a week or so my Battery keeps stop charging and charge again above 54 to 81 sometime, and keeps charging and then stop charging and stop every 10 seconds (The amount of time varies from time to time but it's almost 10 seconds today) tell reaches to 100 percent
Yesterday and before it used to stop charging and charge again at like 71% to 81%, till the charge is complete
But today it started doing that at 54%
I reset my compuer, reset my battery using the pin hole, removed my battery drivers and reinstalled them, and nothing seems to work, what should i do to solve the problem?

[Edited the content as product S/N was mention - Acer David]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is a full ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the machine still shows the same battery-charging behavior and if this is causing other problems that limit its usefulness, then you should arrange for
    repair service at either of these two ACER-certified partners. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited April 2019
    >>>removed my battery drivers and reinstalled them,>>>

Open Device Manager again. Click on the Batteries folder. Uninstall all the drivers listed. Exit Device Manager without reinstalling anything. Shutdown Windows. Turn the machine back on with the charger plugged in and let Windows auto re-detect and re-install the drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    Sorry, i meant by "reinstalled" that windows did that automatically, i did the exact same way and nothing happened
  • JackE
    >>>The amount of time varies from time to time but it's almost 10 seconds today [till it] reaches to 100 percent>>>what should i do to solve the problem?>>>

Other than stopping & starting every so often till it's fully charged, what other issues does this seem to be causing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    Why even ask that? It is not normal, it makes charging the battery to 100% needs much more time + it kills the battery life MUCH faster + i can't play big games since it requires most of the cpu speed and when it's not charging the cpu speed is reduced much so i can't do that
  • JackE
    >>> it makes charging the battery to 100% needs much more time + it kills the battery life MUCH faster>>>

This is what other problems I needed to know. Approximately how much more charging time and how much faster does the battery discharge than it did when you first got the machine?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    Sorry but i don't really know how much time it takes discharge when i first bought it, i think it needs like one more hour to charge but i don't really know how much time it needs to discharge
  • JackE
    OK. Some games are so power hungry that at times they actually cause the laptop to consume more than 135 watts that your charger can deliver. So the rest of the power is made up by the battery to continue playing the game. Meaning the battery is actually discharging even while it's plugged in!  So we recommend that BEFORE starting the game, that the battery be near 100% charged and the laptop plugged in to prolong game playing as much as possible. While your particular machine has only the 135 watt AC supply listed in the specsheet, there may be more powerful AC laptop supplies available that can keep up with both the gaming and battery-charging power loads at the same time. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    Thanks for the information, but how do i fix the battery so i keep its life and charge it withous wasting time?
  • JackE
    Making sure battery is 100% charged before starting the game will prolong battery life and game playing times. Alternatively, a more powerful charger will further prolong battery life and game playing times.   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    Ok thank you, got it about the game, but how do i fix the battery so it doesn't stop charging like ac adapter is not plugged in and then charging again every ten seconds, how do i make the battery charge normally?
  • Omar0
    Note that This problem not only happens when i play a game, it happens every time
  • JackE
    >>> it happens every time >>>

If it happens while idling or low load programs and not playing high load games, check task manager for background processes that may be consuming too much CPU/GPU resources/percent usage.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    I just checked it, there is almost no CPU/GPU consumption right now but it's still happening
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    The best way to rule in or rule out a hardware issue is a full ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If the machine still shows the same battery-charging behavior and if this is causing other problems that limit its usefulness, then you should arrange for
    repair service at either of these two ACER-certified partners. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LolBro
    LolBro Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Omar0
    were you able to solve this problem? I have an Acer predator and I have the same problem. the laptop charges for 10-15 seconds then stops then starts again, I ignored it for a while but the time to reach 100% kept increasing... and now it sometimes stops at 93-95%
  • JackE
    How many watts output is your charger? Under heavy gaming load it sometimes doesn't have enough power to both satisfy CPU/GPU power demands plus charge the battery at the same time. So during these times the battery makes up the difference, that is, both the battery and charger are combining to power the system. So the battery is not charging during these high power demand times. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Omar0
    LolBro said:
    @Omar0
    were you able to solve this problem? I have an Acer predator and I have the same problem. the laptop charges for 10-15 seconds then stops then starts again, I ignored it for a while but the time to reach 100% kept increasing... and now it sometimes stops at 93-95%
    Try the things above, i i tri them all and nothing worked for me, so i went to a repair center and my laptop was still in warranty and they fixed it

• LolBro
    LolBro Member Posts: 2 New User
    Omar0 said:
    LolBro said:
    @Omar0
    Try the things above, i i tri them all and nothing worked for me, so i went to a repair center and my laptop was still in warranty and they fixed it

ohk thanks, did they at least tell u what was causing the problem?
  • JackE
    I'll guess another charger. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ