Acer Predator Helios 300 Screen won't turn on

natejjj
natejjj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello! I purchased a Predator 300 (PH315-51) from Amazon 3 weeks ago. It has been running great with no issues. This morning I go to turn it on... and the screen won't turn on.  I googled, and tried all the reported fixes. Removed RAM, reset battery countless times, tried combinations of plugged in/unplugged... nothing.  I can't attempt the BIOS update as the screen never turns on, and it does not appear to attempt to boot. There is no power to any of the USB ports, and plugging in a second monitor via HDMI does nothing either. The backlighting for the keyboard turns on, but the screen is just completely black.  I contacted ACER support and they have agreed to take it back for repair. I will send it back next week. But if anyone has any suggestions that I can try before I send it back, I would very much appreciate it, as I would love to fix this myself.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!! @natejjj     

Regret to know the Predator stopped working. I suspect it is Motherboard failure. From description friend you have tried all possible troubleshooting steps. You have also did good job contacting Acer and booked the unit for repair. Get it repaired under warranty and I hope you get your Predator back. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi!! @natejjj     

Regret to know the Predator stopped working. I suspect it is Motherboard failure. From description friend you have tried all possible troubleshooting steps. You have also did good job contacting Acer and booked the unit for repair. Get it repaired under warranty and I hope you get your Predator back. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)