Bluetooth issues on my Switch SA5-271 - Win 10/64 (Bios 1.03)

BrianG57
BrianG57 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I bought in late 2017 and have only recently tried to use bluetooth and paired a Samsung 8 & S2 tablet which were found & connected without issue. However they keep disappearing and reappearing rapidly in the list. I went into control panel/software etc....to see if I could reinstall/update the bluetooth driver but it is also rapidly disappearing and reappearing. When I right click for properties the box is empty. Looking for help to resolve please, thanks kindly!

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @BrianG57

Try to uninstall the bluetooth driver and restart the device which will reinstall the driver then check if it works properly.
  • BrianG57
    BrianG57 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Ishy, but uninstall does not appear as an option as there are no details listed in the properties box of bluetooth, it is totally empty.
  • Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @BrianG57 There could a hardware issue. To confirm it please follow the steps below:
    1) Shutdown the device.
    2) Press the power button immediately press F2 button multiple times which will allow you to go to bios.
    3) Press F9 and then press enter.
    4) Press F10 then save and exit.
    5) After the restart please check under drivers again if you don't see it then follow the following link and download the drivers.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7834?b=1
    This link is general link for Switch 5 devices so you can download drivers then unzip the files.
    Install the drivers and restart to check if it works. If it does great if not it's probably a hardware issue.