Keyboard not functioning: Backspace button not working, enter button types \ Aspire V3-571G

GolShah
GolShah Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I have a acer laptop with windows 8 as operating system. Since this morning, the backspace button has stopped working, when I press Enter it types \ and goes to the next line and the Up button types #. 
I have checked the hot keys and also uninstalled the keyboard, nothing worked. Any solution? 

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GolShah
    It is Aspire V3-571G
  • Have you checked that the problem persists with an external keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GolShah
    I checked it with an external keyboard and everything was working fine. 
  • You have already verified that the problem remains on this site: https://www.keyboardtester.com/tester.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GolShah
    I switched it off for a few hours and now that I switched it back, it suddenly started working! Thank you for your comments!
  • jacobdevv
    jacobdevv Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

Try possible troubleshoots.

1. Update the keyboard drivers
    2. Make sure your keyboard is properly plugged.
    3. Update the windows
    4. Test your keyboard using keyboardtester.org

Hope these troubleshoot help you to fix your keyboard issues.