E5-553G-T4TJ How to disable Turbo CORE and enable virtualization!!

KC1992
KC1992 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Got myself an E5-553G-T4TJ Notebook, altough it has 2GB video and I bumped RAM to 16gb (came with 4), a lot of popular games just have BAD performance, I tweaked windows 10 to best performance, best power plan, I created AMD gaming profiles, setting to performance over quality, to all my games, including directX9 games, and even playing Counter-Strike on lowest settings and 1024x768 res doesn't get me to 60FPS, it flloats between 35-55. I recently found out that the Turbo CORE technology actually decreases FPS and overheat the system, leading to even lower FPS, it has been showed on youtube that turning it off increase FPS in many popular games, not just csgo, but dota2, wow, elder scrolls online... So how do you disable it? All tutorials say to go to BIOS, Advanced tab and turn off, but this model doesn't have the Advanced tab.

The other solution was to do it via AMD OverDrive software, but when I open it says "not AMD processor or hardware not supported".

The same goes for virtualization (hyperV), this could be in the BIOS, it's a dumb thing to remove, I had to enable following google and it worked. Virtualization its a must to emulate Android games like PUBG Mobile and such, and when you enable through a software, you can't go into BIOS and save settings because it will remove it, its a pain in the *****, I don't know why the F would you chose to take away this from the user. The Specs are decent to play low/medium settings, but it just fails to achieve 60 FPS. It's a shame. Unless this is fixed somehow, I do not recommed this for gaming.

Answers

• KC1992
    KC1992 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Update

A temporary fix is to go to power plan settings and change the minimal state of the processor from 100 to 99, and also do this with the max state, the A10 CPU will stay at 1995.95MHz, rather than floating between 2400-3300 every second, and the FPS increase a bit and doesn't float anymore, which is a huge improvement, but the best would still be able to use 100% in settings and still get a stable at a higer core speed, by disabling the useless turbo CORE.