Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP Fans not spinning after cleaning

ProbAddicted
ProbAddicted Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Got my laptop back in November and recently started hearing a noise coming from the fans. Figured it was dust and maybe that was setting the fan off balance. Took the laptop apart and cleaned it out. After reassembly the fans no longer spin. Predator sense shows them at 0 rpm. I took the bottom of the laptop back out and made sure everything was plugged in. I also tried turning the laptop on and adjusting predator sense with the bottom off. I can see the fans trying to spin but they do not make full rotations.

Looking for advice on troubleshooting as I am not familiar with windows 10.

Answers

• When you said "Got my laptop back in November", does it mean that it has already been repaired under warranty? Is this notebook still under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ProbAddicted
    ProbAddicted Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2019
    When you said "Got my laptop back in November", does it mean that it has already been repaired under warranty? Is this notebook still under warranty?
    I mean it was purchased in November. No warranty work has been done on it. I believe I should still be under warranty unless opening it myself and cleaning fans voids that.
  • In this case, you should contact Acer technical support! Looks like a hardware problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)