Nitro 5 Hinge problem - AN515-42.

ArnaVin7
ArnaVin7 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought my acer nitro 5 back in October 2018, and now in April 2019 i started having problem with the right hinge. It's too tight, whenever i open my laptop, the right side of the screen/lid cracks open.The screen isn't broken, the problem is with the hinge.
So i took my laptop to the nearest acer care center and they said the problem isn't covered in the warranty and would take 20 and/or more days to fix.

First of all, the warranty covers hardware problems for 1 year and software problem for 90 days. I take extreme care of all my devices and especially this one(being too expensive), so shouldn't hinge be considered under hardware warranty? and secondly, i am an uni student with practicals coming next week, 20+ days for repair is simply outrageous.

I would like to know if any other user faced same problems,if yes how did they fixed it, and also about the warranty coverage as i said above. 

Answers

• What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ArnaVin7
    ArnaVin7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's nitro AN515-42.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi!!

@ArnaVin7 

For your information physical damages, Customer induced damages & 3rd party software issues are not covered under Acer Standard Manufacturer warranty. If you believe that it is not physical damage from your side and that hinge cracked naturally, then contact Acer Technical Support in your region  https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and look for repair options. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• aadi05
    aadi05 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    I am also facing the exact same issue and they are also telling me the same thing that warranty doesn't cover this problem. But this is definately a manufacturing defect from their side and not doing anything about it. Please respond if you found the solution.
  • I have already seen in another topic that an Indian user was also having the problem on his notebook. If your notebook is still under warranty and the problem with the hinges has not been caused by the user, in my opinion, Acer technical service in India should fix the notebook.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Chandrakanth
    Chandrakanth Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem with the same model as yours, they are telling me that the spare is not available and it would take a month
  • OK! But have you contacted Indian tech support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Cress
    Cress Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    Yes, I had the same issue. However, my warranty had just expired before I noticed this issue. That meant I had to buy new parts from eBay and go to my local repair shop, because I don't have an Acer shop nearby, lol. I went to BestBuy first but they told me that it would cost me hundreds of dollars to get it fixed and it would take over a month (like you). So, I did some digging and found a small shop in my area which was willing to fix it for me if i had the parts. They specified the parts I needed, and it only took them about 30 minutes to fix it after I bought them for about $85 USD. The total cost of my adventure was about $150 USD, which is quite expensive for a repair, but like NO one near where I live was gonna do it for a good price. 

I took good care of my laptop as well, but the heaviness of the extremely wide screen is extremely vulnerable to breaking. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Common issue

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• avinash07101999
    avinash07101999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

ArnaVin7 said:
    I bought my acer nitro 5 back in October 2018, and now in April 2019 i started having problem with the right hinge. It's too tight, whenever i open my laptop, the right side of the screen/lid cracks open.The screen isn't broken, the problem is with the hinge.
    So i took my laptop to the nearest acer care center and they said the problem isn't covered in the warranty and would take 20 and/or more days to fix.

First of all, the warranty covers hardware problems for 1 year and software problem for 90 days. I take extreme care of all my devices and especially this one(being too expensive), so shouldn't hinge be considered under hardware warranty? and secondly, i am an uni student with practicals coming next week, 20+ days for repair is simply outrageous.

I would like to know if any other user faced same problems,if yes how did they fixed it, and also about the warranty coverage as i said above. 
    Same issue these guys are constantly doing the same thing.... it's not covered in warranty etc etc. They convinced me to buy extended warranty and said that if laptop takes a fall, spill liquid, get's burnt by me then I'll be ineligible for warranty support otherwise I'll get support. Now these guys are just refusing to solve the problem. Feels so cheated. I always refer them to all my friends and many of my classmates have actually bought same laptop seeing me always bragging about their services and promises.
  • avinash07101999

Tinkerer

Right hinge is broken... it's like a defect in manufacturing. I take extreme care of my belongings.
  • avinash07101999

Tinkerer

Feeling frustrated with acer. Keep calling their technical support and drafting mails but they are like copying and pasting the answers. Right hinge is broken...I don't know how simply using it and it started clicking... after a couple of days it is hard to open and looks like this will break the screen. I told the customer support and the technician that this is none of my fault i was using it. The company says its not covered in warranty etc etc. I even bought the extended warranty. At that time they kept saying sir only liquid, short circuit and fallen damages are not covered rest everything is under warranty. Feels so bad... Could have used that money for this repair. Earlier I was so impressed by their executives....i recommend to all my friends. I think i shouldn't have.
This discussion has been closed.