RAM upgrade and SSD upgrade for Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3

florence35254
florence35254 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello..
We recently bought Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3(AMD Ryzen 3 2200U, Radeon 535 2GB, 4GB DDR4, 1TB HDD)

I did a research about ram and ssd upgrade for aspire3 series but it not indicate specific models.. so i am having a little doubt..
Please enlighten me..

1. How many ram slots does my laptop have?
2. Does my laptop have m2 ssd slot? if yes, can I install 500gb m2 ssd on it?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• aldotobing
    aldotobing Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hello..
    We recently bought Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3(AMD Ryzen 3 2200U, Radeon 535 2GB, 4GB DDR4, 1TB HDD)

I did a research about ram and ssd upgrade for aspire3 series but it not indicate specific models.. so i am having a little doubt..
    Please enlighten me..

Thanks!

it has 2 Memory Slot, compatible with SODIMM DDR4 2400
    and for SSD M.2 2280 SATA 3

Answers

• aldotobing
    Answer ✓
    Hello..

Please enlighten me..

Thanks!

• florence35254

Tinkerer

Thanks for prompt feedback...

one more question, is 2280 same as NVMe?
    Thanks
  • aldotobing
    Thanks for prompt feedback...

one more question, is 2280 same as NVMe?
    Thanks
    So far i know, the hidden slot is NVMe Model, but it doesn't support NVMe SSD Model, it used SSD with SATA III Bus itself.
    so, the best SSD choice is SSD SATA III
  • florence35254

Tinkerer

So far i know, the hidden slot is NVMe Model, but it doesn't support NVMe SSD Model, it used SSD with SATA III Bus itself.
    so, the best SSD choice is SSD SATA III
    Thats weird, slot is NVMe model but it doesnt support NVMe SSD.

I did some research too. 2280 refers to the length of m.2 ssd.
    Maybe i try to look for more info if its support NVMe ssd.
    Thanks man, great help!

• Zukaru
    Zukaru Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello..

Please enlighten me..

Thanks!

it is possible to upgrade to 2-16gb 2400mhz sodimm, since it has 2 ram slots available
  • alundra009
    alundra009 Member Posts: 4 New User
    We have the same laptop. I have purchased Kingston 8gb SODIMM DDR4 2400 for the 2nd RAM slot. Now I got 12GB RAM in total. So far no problem encountered. now M.2 slot is mind blowing and is hidden right beside the ram slot right?
  • topcat7736
    topcat7736 Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    You can always go to https://www.crucial.com and halfway down the page, on the right, is their scanner tool. Agree to their terms and run the scanner. It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. Take their part numbers and shop at Amazon.com for better prices.
    Al
  • florence35254

Tinkerer

We have the same laptop. I have purchased Kingston 8gb SODIMM DDR4 2400 for the 2nd RAM slot. Now I got 12GB RAM in total. So far no problem encountered. now M.2 slot is mind blowing and is hidden right beside the ram slot right?
    Same here. I already added 8GB 2400 RAM.
    Yes, M.2 slot is beside the RAM slot. However, we need to remove whole cover at the back of laptop, which means warranty will be void.

I will probably wait until my warranty period of my unit expires, before I install M.2 SSD.

• florence35254

Tinkerer

You can always go to https://www.crucial.com and halfway down the page, on the right, is their scanner tool. Agree to their terms and run the scanner. It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. Take their part numbers and shop at Amazon.com for better prices.
    Al
    Will try this. thank bud!
  • tequilainateacup
    tequilainateacup Member Posts: 4 New User
    I bought the exact same laptop and I tried using the Crucial scan tool from the website but it always comes up with an error page. I'm planning to do a RAM and SSD upgrade very soon and I'm afraid I lack the technical knowledge. I was wondering if these two would be compatible: For RAM - GSkill Ripjaws 8GB DDR4 - 2400 - F4-2400C16S-8GRS and For SSD - Samsung MZ-76E250BW 860 250GB Evo Series Solid State Drive. 
  • mhat81
    mhat81 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have different series number. Mine is A315-41G-R5RI compared to your R5U3. 

The specs is the same, can I use the same upgrade? 
  • Ariel08
    Ariel08 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi goos day question after installing the m. 2 any steps how did you reformat or M. 2 us your main drive cause in my situation may m.2 is detectable but i cant select the ssd to be my first boot