Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

My Predator PH317-51 keep getting disconnected from wifi

bjaaarnbjaaarn Posts: 1Member New User
Hey, I've got some issues with Predator hellios 300 PH317-51 laptop and its wifi connection. It keeps getting disconnected for short periods of time (around 20-30s), I found on the forum that other people had similar issues with this kind of laptop but I couldn't find any good answer of how to fix it. It has the Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter with the latest drivers, 12.0.0.703. 

The Issue has been on several different routers where other computers have had no problem. My current router only has the laptop and my phone connected to it soo it shouldn't be an issue there. It's a Comhem wifi hub l1.

Do you have any suggestion of what to do?

Best regards Björn

FAQ & Answers

• Du_littleDu_little Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

Hi @bjaaarn
    Try uninstalling and re-installing the wireless drivers from device manager.
    follow the below mentioned steps
    1. Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Network adapters.
    3. Select the name of your adapter, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
    4. And restart the computer , the drivers will be updated and re-installed.