Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-5621 Shows Power Indicator for 5-6 seconds and then disappears

TGRage
TGRage Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As mentioned above, I have an Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-5621. I has put it to sleep by shitting off the lid last night. Next morning when I got back to work on the machine, it was shut down. I pressed the power button, but all it resulted in doing was making the blue (power on light) turn on for 5-6 seconds, post which it would turn it off... I tried connecting it to the charger (thinking that it must've run out of battery) but the charger didn't show me the orange charging light. After trying multiple different outlets, I just set it up on my table and let it sit there overnight with the charger plugged in. By the morning I had a blue light in the charge indicator of the laptop. But the laptop still won't turn on. I tried the battery reset, reseating the ram, reseating the heatsink, switching out the thermal paste of the CPU, cleaning my system out completely. I still get the same issue... The components aren't turning on either, cuz at least the fans should start up, but nothing does...
I've looked in every place possible and tried to pull off every troubleshooting procedure... But nothing has worked till now... 
Save my soul

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Unplug the charger. Re-do the battery reset by gently inserting a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 10 seconds. Let the battery rest for about 15 minutes after the re-set. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ