Need a recover disc

Options
tonyfarr
tonyfarr Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
Hi  I have and old computer that has windows 7 home premium on it.It has stopped booting up and is now asking me to start it with a recovery disc witch I don't have. Can any one give me some advice on how I would get a recovery disc? I cannot start the computer and there is information I need that is on it thanks in advance for any help 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If you live in the United States, you can try asking here: https://store.acer.com/en-us/extended/recovery/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tonyfarr

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi I am in England and I already have make and SN numbers 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, if you haven't done a reinstall or upgraded to W10 you likely still have the original recovery partition.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tonyfarr

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, if you haven't done a reinstall or upgraded to W10 you likely still have the original recovery partition.
    Thanks I have had to reboot it before. I updated to windows 10 and it messed up the computer and did not allow me to access the internet I managed to get a boot up download from Microsoft which I had on a USB that I no longer have and Microsoft do not provide the service any more. Such is life will have to buy a copy Thanks for you help 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    ave you ever tried to press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yup, that bad Win10 install would have wiped the recovery partition and if you didn't create an archive set of the disks you might be down to purchasing the recovery set. In the US (and I believe Canada) you can buy them from the Acer store. Elsewhere you need to contact Acer support.

What kind of data do you need to pull off it? You should be able to get access to the HDD either by connecting it to a working computer or by booting on any Windows install disk. I'd lean toward saving the important stuff to a thumb drive or external HDD then doing a wipe and restore. You definitely don't want to install the recovery image before pulling your data off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tonyfarr

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Yup, that bad Win10 install would have wiped the recovery partition and if you didn't create an archive set of the disks you might be down to purchasing the recovery set. In the US (and I believe Canada) you can buy them from the Acer store. Elsewhere you need to contact Acer support.

What kind of data do you need to pull off it? You should be able to get access to the HDD either by connecting it to a working computer or by booting on any Windows install disk. I'd lean toward saving the important stuff to a thumb drive or external HDD then doing a wipe and restore. You definitely don't want to install the recovery image before pulling your data off.

Thanks for help its a appreciated. It's an old computer so I think it might be a hardware issue.