Aser xc600 with ssd NVMe on pcie x 1 slot with adapter m. 2

Rumkah
Rumkah Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have ASUS XC 600 I5-3570 and GT1030 Windows 10x64 and M.2 SSD PCIe 256GB SSD hard drive M.2 NVMe pcie SSD Internal Hard Disk to M.2 M Key Slot on Converter Adapter m. 2 to PCI-E.BIOS P11-A3L. I can't boot from ssd. I see ssd on Windows, but can't see in BIOS. What I do? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If the adapter is in the expansion slot it has to be a smart card with it's own BIOS in order to boot. You can boot an SSD in the M.2 slot though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    If the adapter is in the expansion slot it has to be a smart card with it's own BIOS in order to boot. You can boot an SSD in the M.2 slot though.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rumkah
    I have only PCI-E x1 free slot on board
  • billsey
    Sorry, you are correct, that model doesn't have an onboard M.2 connector. It is hard to find any PCIe cards that can be used as a boot device. You can use them as storage devices, but not for booting.
  • Rumkah
    Thanks. I will use PCIe SSD for storage and I will bay a new SATA SSD instead of DVD.