Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-55H5 DDR4 2666 Mhz memory?

robscallsign
robscallsign Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello,

I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-55H5 with an i5 8300H CPU and it's currently running BIOS V 1.19 (the BIOS that the laptop shipped with).  I'm looking to upgrade the 8GB DDR4 that came with it.  Using CPU-Z it looks like it came with 8GB of DDR4 2400 Mhz memory.

The intel datasheet for the i5 8300H says it can run 2666Mhz DDR4 (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/134876/intel-core-i5-8300h-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-00-ghz.html)

Can anyone confirm that this AN515-53-55H5 can run 2666 Mhz DDR4?  I've been trying to search the forum, but am getting some conflicting reports!

Cheers,

Rob

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon robscallsign !

This model supports up to 32Gb of RAM (2 slots 2 x 16Gb) SO-DIMM DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good afternoon robscallsign !

This model supports up to 32Gb of RAM (2 slots 2 x 16Gb) SO-DIMM DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!