The Optimus issue is still there - thanks NVIDIA and M$! Acer G3-572

HK1994
HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop is specced as follows: i7-7700HQ + GTX 1060 + 8GB DDR4 2666MHz.
I have had this issue ever since I have bought it, and my god was it living HELL.
Performance-wise it kicks literal asses, but when you clicked on the battery icon, and the whole thing stutters for 0.5 seconds that when you know something is F'd up.
Now it's nowhere near as bad as before but even moving a few windows will cause stuttering.
I don't know what is causing this.
MSI Afterburner shows that something is constantly accessing the dGPU in less than a second.
This is with some programs opened.

Can I get an explaination for this? Or a fix?
My BIOS version is v1.14 if that helps. And yes, I don't update to the newer versions, simply because it may F'd up my computer.

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked that the problem occurs when you let the battery charge up to 100%? Current notebooks also often use battery power, even when the notebook is plugged into the power adapter, to provide more performance!
    Regarding the battery icon, if the notebook is freezing for half a second, it might be because the intel video driver is outdated! Similar problems have already been reported on another topic! Also, what version of windows are you using? 1803 or 1809?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    When on battery, disable the MSI graph plotter -- it would be the MSI that would be polling for GPU details to plot on graph.

Also, there are many programs on 10 that use dGPU - you would need to find the ones you use most and move them to use iGPU. Doing this helped me and keeps my dGPU at pretty much "off" state when I am on battery.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045