acer predator helios 300 GPU at 100degrees C

Options
JustHantr
JustHantr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
So i just applied liquid metal (thermal grizzly kryonaut) to my Acer predator helios 300 laptop (Predator PH317-51 if you want more details). I reinstalled windows  just to be sure that it's not software issue and  right now the temperature on the cpu is like -30°c compared to 2 days ago  (max 60 on 100% load). But the problem is the gpu.Whenever i literally even start anything that uses the gpu the temperature goes to 100°c.Even things like screen sharing on discord  makes the gpu temperature go to 100 °c in like 10 seconds and then the laptop shuts down. I don't know what should i do now I mean i think that the problem is that there is no connection between gpu and heatsink  maybe i did a terrible job at putting new thermal pads so i just want to ask if i should try to possition them differently and if so how  i really don't know  or what should i do or is there any other possible option why is this happening ?  Thanks. thermal pads i used were Arctic thermal pads 1.5mm

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Did you check that the heatpipe isn't clogged preventing airflow from reaching the GPU? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ