Iconia One 7 B1-770 - can i use my tablet on only usb or electrical plug ?

les45
les45 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
i have an acer iconia one 7 tablet and the battery decided to die on me so i purchased another one and changed the battery over but when i go to turn on the tablet it gets really hot to touch so i turn it back off and i've not used it since but i was told today by a friend that if i take the battery out i may be able to use it by plugging in an electrical plug or usb can anyone tell me if i this works please or why the battery i bought gets really hot thanks 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon les45 !

If your battery becomes too hot, it is possible that you do not have the correct characteristics or that it is not original.
    Use as directed indicates extreme risk of internal short and overload.
    It is not a safe or admissible procedure.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Les45, if you get us the full model number we can look into finding the right specs on the battery. You definitely don't want to be using the one you have if it get hots while in use. To answer your question though we need the full model number. Some have circuits that always run off the battery with the power plug only used to charge and some have circuits that run off the power plug and also charge the battery...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • les45
    billsey said:
    Les45, if you get us the full model number we can look into finding the right specs on the battery. You definitely don't want to be using the one you have if it get hots while in use. To answer your question though we need the full model number. Some have circuits that always run off the battery with the power plug only used to charge and some have circuits that run off the power plug and also charge the battery...
    iconia one 7 b1-770 hope this helps thanks 
  • billsey
    OK, on that model the power port (microUSB) is directly soldered to the motherboard and the battery connector is on the opposite side of the motherboard, so the motherboard is controlling the charging circuit. You do have reset pinhole between the power and volume buttons so it's worth doing the reset to see if that does anything to the battery heating issue. The correct battery is described: "Battery TCL AP15F Polymer 1S1P TCL 1 cell 2780mAh Main COMMON W/ METAL PLATE" and the Acer part number for it is: KT.0010H.003

I wonder if maybe the replacement battery you got didn't have that grounding plate?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • les45
    billsey said:
    OK, on that model the power port (microUSB) is directly soldered to the motherboard and the battery connector is on the opposite side of the motherboard, so the motherboard is controlling the charging circuit. You do have reset pinhole between the power and volume buttons so it's worth doing the reset to see if that does anything to the battery heating issue. The correct battery is described: "Battery TCL AP15F Polymer 1S1P TCL 1 cell 2780mAh Main COMMON W/ METAL PLATE" and the Acer part number for it is: KT.0010H.003

I wonder if maybe the replacement battery you got didn't have that grounding plate?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-2700mAh-Li-Po-for-Acer-Iconia-KT-0010H-003-PR-329083/362322135248?hash=item545c1508d0:g:c9YAAOSwY4Fa~OFE

the above item is the one i bought last year in febuary but because of the overheating i havent used the tablet 
  • billsey
    So not quite an exact replacement, but it should have worked. I would be it has been flexed too much either in shipping or in installing, Once the cell gets cracked there's not a lot to be done, and it can be really dangerous to use. If it's worth it to you, try another replacement battery. I doubt it's a problem with the charging or running circuits.
  • les45
    billsey said:
    So not quite an exact replacement, but it should have worked. I would be it has been flexed too much either in shipping or in installing, Once the cell gets cracked there's not a lot to be done, and it can be really dangerous to use. If it's worth it to you, try another replacement battery. I doubt it's a problem with the charging or running circuits.
    ok thanks i will give that a go then 
  • billsey
    Let us know how it works out.
  • tbird6t4
    tbird6t4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I have an Acer Iconia One 7 tablet for one year. Of late, it has been over heating, despite using the CPU Cooler app it remains hot.  I found removing the plastic protection jacket helps greatly...just FYI.