Acer XD1150 projector does not accept input from laptop via HDMI - VGA adapter connection

Bart56
Bart56 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 27 in 2019 Archives
My Acer XD1150 projector has VGA signal input, my HP laptop with Windows 10 has HDMI output. I bought an HDMI-VGA adapter and connected the two but when the projector searches sources on the D-Sub channel the message is displayed "Input not supported". What can I do?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Bart56 !

Most adapters do not offer support for this.
    The correct one is to use the standard connection: HDMi to HDMi or VGA to VGA.
    Some converters can perform this transfer, but not all are supported.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Bart56
    I appraciate you react to my question and I would like to ask further for my understanding. My laptop does not have a VGA exit. Therefor I do not understand how I could use a VGA-VGA connection. My laptop only has a HDMi-female and my projector has a VGA input, S-video DIN 7 and Pin.
  • MaClane
    In this case only an HDMI to VGA converter can work and even then it is not guaranteed.
    Adapters do not do channel conversion.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Bart56
    Okay, thank you. Such a converter is that a software? How could I achieve it? 
  • MaClane
    It is not software.
    It's a device like this:

httpshttp2mlstaticcomconversor-ps3-ps4-xbox-claro-chromecast-hdmi-p-monitor-vga-D_NQ_NP_624501-MLB20339949039_072015-Ojpghttpsencrypted-tbn0gstaticcomimagesqtbnANd9GcTf-Au1G8QOjaWBCUuGNkwoXhlpd0J7VpIZz6d5TvZ51_2Q3Gdwbg

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™