Hard drive size reporting incorrectly after upgrade to SSD drive

Akakpaws
Akakpaws Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
 After I installed a new 500 GB SSD drive in my Acer E15 and cloned the windows 10 OS from the original 1 TB HD to the SSD drive I then set the SSD drive as the primary boot "C" drive and the original one terabyte hard drive as my secondary or "D" Drive.  However the "D" drive now reports it capacity as only 500 GB instead of one terabyte. Any suggestions what I can do to fix this? I'm not sure if the drive somehow lost track of 500 GB or if it's just being reported incorrectly. The incorrect reporting is seen when I looked under properties in windows and also when I use Bellarc advisor to look at my system. Any help is appreciated.  Other than this everything seems to be working fine and of course the laptop is much faster than it was before.  Thanks

Answers

• Akakpaws
    See above.
  • Go in the cortana and type "disk management"! Make sure the other partition is present!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Type in cortana "partition", see you:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Akakpaws

Can you  explain how I can post a screenshot of my system? I have both JPEG and PDF copies. Thanks. 

• Check this video:
    In the video, it removes a letter to leave the partition hidden! You should do the reverse process, that is, add a letter to the partition that is not appearing!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer