A717-72G-72HD Coil whine?

ayayja
ayayja Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a month old Aspire A717-72G-72HD. As I work in a quiet room I recently noticed a new low-frequency buzz has just started - As I use the computer all day I have the PSU connected. I noticed that when I pulled the jack plug out of the machine this 'buzz' stop immediately. I used the computer for a couple of hours on battery power alone. Immediately The buzz returned when I plugged the Jack pin back into the machine. So I don't know if this is a real problem or whether it can be fixed if I return it to Acer. Maybe, even a new PSU might solve the problem? Has anyone else solved this problem with a new PSU?

Answers

• Hello! Have you ever tested the notebook in another properly grounded electrical outlet? Do you use any voltage stabilizer or UPS to power the notebook? Ideally, you plug the notebook directly into an electrical outlet! Also, have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    Not coil whine. It's 50-60Hz AC noise caused by the mains probably due to poor grounding in house wiring. I doubt a new PSU will help much but you might try it. Does the PSU's mains plug have a grounding pin?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Actually JackE, instead of saying PSU, I meant NOBREAK! Wrong translation! I always prefer to connect the notebook directly to the electrical outlet!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

We must've posted our responses within a minute of each other.   :) Jack E/NJ
    PSU=power supply unit. (usually for laptops)
    UPS=uninterruptible power supply. (usually for desktops)

Jack E/NJ

• ayayja
    ayayja Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi. The faint warble noise, sounds a bit like in the old days of when sending a fax to another connection. It noise stops immediately I pull the jack plug out and starts again when I plug it back in. The power supply with this laptop is plugged into a surge protection socked, however I have taken it out and plugged into a standard wall socket but it made no difference. The noise starts immediately the jack goes into the machine. So currently when the noise becomes irritating I pull out the jack and run on the battery alone and silence reigns. I will try the battery reset at some point to see if this resolves the issue.
  • JackE
    It's still picking up interference thru the AC mains whether or not you use a surge protector. Try it in another AC wall receptacle preferrably in another house or building. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ