Problem with booting, black screen, no operating system found. Acer Aspire 7535-5055

Options
cseelow
cseelow Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone!

I have an interesting problem with my laptop. It originally lost power during a software update and pretty much wouldn't do anything so I put it aside because I had another. I recently got it out to work on it. It had just a blank screen so I started searching on how to fix it. I started doing that and managed to get the computer to boot and display "operating system not found". I managed to enter the BIOS and saw that the HDD wasn't recognized so I bought another off eBay. Put in in and it didn't fix it. So I put the old one back in. I was messing around holding this button and that, ended up where I can't even get anything to display at all. Complete black screen, I can hear the CD-ROM drive spin then stop, the small blue light near the keyboard edge is on (if that matters). I tried a BIOS fix I saw on YouTube were I downloaded the BIOS from Acer and tried to make a bootable USB. I really don't think I set the flash drive up correctly and who knows if that is even the right fix.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try to fix this I would really apricate it. Thanks, Chas.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Accept my answer my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! I do not think this problem is in the bios! I suggest you try to do a power reset by disconnecting the notebook from the electrical outlet and also unplugging the lithium battery. Then press the power button for thirty seconds and try turning the notebook on again!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cseelow

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options
    I am running directly off the power cord right now without any battery connected. I actually lost the battery and ordered a new one today since the old one didn't hold a charge and had to be connected to AC power at all times. It is supposed to deliver on 4/12. 

Unless a new battery fixes this problem my black screen etc. issue still persists. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great, my friend! If my answer helped you, accept it to get the topic resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options
    Something new. I left it plugged into the AC adapter since the battery hasn't arrived yet and it displays "missing operating system". I turned it off and restarted and it's letting me use the F2 to go to BIOS. I wonder if there is anything I can do now to work on it?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You should enter the bios and check if the hd is being recognized in the information section and if you are first in the bios boot section!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options

Took a picture of the screen.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save on exiting!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    I did what you mentioned. I restarted the laptop and it displays the “missing operating system” error. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Something has corrupted the operating system! Have you tried reinstalling windows using Microsoft's iso, or pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    I did the alt+f10 and walked away for a while. When I came back it said recovery complete. Hit enter to restart your computer. When I hit enter I guess it restarted then the “missing operating system” error returned. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    In the second video it mentions downloading the Windows 7 iso file and burning to a disk or usb. I have a windows 7 upgrade disk (2pack) that came with my laptop. It came with Vista and they mailed me the upgrade a week after purchasing. One disk says Windows 7 upgrade wizard, the other disk I think says drivers, etc. I used these years ago to upgrade to Win7. Will one of these disks do the same as downloading/burning the ISO? Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the cd contains windows 7 and not just the service pack, it should work!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried the disks and it said something like I had software previously installed by the manufacturer. Please contact device manufacturer for software files or something like that.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You must insert the windows 7 disk! Then go to the bios and put the dvd first in the boot section!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes. I did that and when the disk booted a Acer window popped up and that is when I got the message :/

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try the alt + f10 command and select the option that erases all files!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• cseelow

Tinkerer

Options
    I did the alt +10 earlier. Do I need to do it again since I booted that disk, then try the disk again?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    follow this video:
    https://youtu.be/J3kRgRq4yIQ

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! This notebook came from the factory with windows vista! That's why when you restart your notebook, you now have the option to boot from windows vista or from windows 7!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer