Predator Helios PH317-51 Charger connecting & disconnecting by itself when the battery reaches 100%

Options
Aleyan97
Aleyan97 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I have my acer predator helios 300 for 1 year and 1month. 3 months ago the first charger got damaged and i had to buy another one. Now aother problem rised, last few weeks my laptop keeps disconecting and conecting the charger as i would disconnect and connect it. The keyboard light turn off and on and i hear the beeping sound. I saw tha this problem starts when the laptop is at 100%. I searched the forums and tried different methods, unnistaling the power drivers, reseting the battery itself. i dont know what to do. CAn i just remove the battery? as i am exclusevly gaming on this laptop i dont use it wothout a charger anyway. or i just have to live with this problem? what should i do?(if i disconect the laptop to like 40% then charg until 100% it works perfectly fine but just as i hit 100% it will start conecting and disconecting)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! What is the version of bios and windows 10?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aleyan97

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! What is the version of bios and windows 10?

Predator PH317-51

Windows 10: 10.0.17134 build 17134
    Bios:  Isyde Corp v1.22, 15.03.2019

Hope i am giving the corect information
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager:

Then disable fast startup in the power options:

Turn off the notebook and make sure this button is pressed down:

Then update the drivers for the latest versions on the intel and nvidia websites!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aleyan97

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Options

Curently it looks like this. Should i try to press it down? 
    egydiocoelho
    disse:
    Try uninstalling the AC adapter and battery drivers in the device manager:

Then disable fast startup in the power options:

Turn off the notebook and make sure this button is pressed down:

Then update the drivers for the latest versions on the intel and nvidia websites!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You should not try to press it! put some layers of electrical tape so the button is pressed down:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aleyan97

Tinkerer

Options
    it was looking allright the thing you circled with yellow. but what is that?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Options
    There are some layers of electrical tape! That way, the button will be pressed harder!
    When the power interrupt button next to the ram memory is not pressed properly, it may cause random shutdowns and some battery problems! That's why I gave you this procedure with the electrical tape!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JoshieaLucas
    JoshieaLucas Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same problem anyone found a fix?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @JoshieaLucas Ideally, you create a new thread by clicking ask a question. You can add me by putting @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• snkt009
    snkt009 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem anyone found a fix?
    Even i also having same problem from today, laptop is about to complete 2 yrs.
  • Klimkoski
    Klimkoski Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hi, I having this exact problem also. The battery is charging up to 100% and then the switching happens. It's not the charger's fault as I checked with another one. Anyone knows what might be the issue? I tried everything mentioned previously, uninstalling the drivers, resetting the battery etc.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried to update the drivers and check the power interrupt button above?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Klimkoski
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Have you tried to update the drivers and check the power interrupt button above?
    Yes, I tried all of that. I tried to update and reinstall the driver, and I checked the power interrupt button. No matter how hard it is pressed the problem persists. My model is G3-571.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Uninstall this drivers:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Klimkoski
    Options
    Uninstall this drivers:

All right, I uninstalled it. Is it supposed to appear again after a while?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Restart windows and post the result.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Klimkoski
    Options
    Didn't help, it's still switching between battery and adapter.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any drivers with device manager issues?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Klimkoski
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Are there any drivers with device manager issues?
    I don't think so. The system says that every driver is up to date. Maybe it's not a software issue?

This problem persists even if the computer is turned off. The charger indicator led is either orange (charging) or it doesn't light up at all. Previously it was blue when the battery was fully charged and the power adapter was connected.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you tried resetting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer