Weird thing happening to my screen.

AAAZZAAAMM
AAAZZAAAMM Member Posts: 59 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi I have been facing some problems with the screen and below are what I found. 
When I restart my laptop the screen doesnt turn back on, even though itturns on for a while when the log in screen comes up, the screen is just black. 
So I tried playing around with it and here is what I found. 
When plugged in, 
If I restart the laptop with 0% brightness, the screen doesnt work
with 25% brightness the  laptop doesnt show the predator logo but turns on on log in screen. 
With 50-100% brightness, the laptop restarts with the predator logo and log in screen. 
I cant seem to understand why this issue is happening. 

Answers

• Hi! What is the exact modelo of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AAAZZAAAMM
    predator 15 g9 591 70XR
  • Have you tried resetting the battery?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AAAZZAAAMM
    Yes I did..
  • Try uninstalling the AC adapter and battery drivers and disable fast startup, and then restart:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AAAZZAAAMM
    Unfortunately that didnt help
  • STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    When I restart my laptop the screen doesnt turn back on, even though itturns on for a while when the log in screen comes up, the screen is just black. 
    When plugged in, 
    with 25% brightness the  laptop doesnt show the predator logo but turns on on log in screen. 
    With 50-100% brightness, the laptop restarts with the predator logo and log in screen. 
    Sounds like an RMA. When you can nail down a specific instance/abnormality like this, and no one else is having the issue, it is probably hardware related. Especially, when you are talking about pre Windows boot. 
  • AAAZZAAAMM
    What should I do? There's no warranty on this 
  • AAAZZAAAMM
    STOPchris said:
    When plugged in, 
    Sounds like an RMA. When you can nail down a specific instance/abnormality like this, and no one else is having the issue, it is probably hardware related. Especially, when you are talking about pre Windows boot. 
    I would actually agree with you on that if the problem persited, but thats the thing, it works completely fine and there is absolutely no hiccup on this device. It runs perfectly all the time except for the restart. Even that happens here like 5 -6 times out of 10.. I cant nail down what the problem is. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    I do not know if a bios update will or will not solve your problem! However, version 1.11 corrects something about the abnormal display!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AAAZZAAAMM
    I do not know if a bios update will or will not solve your problem! However, version 1.11 corrects something about the abnormal display!
    I have the latest bios, I was actually thinking of downgrading and seeing if that fixes the issue 

• I suggest you try updating windows, and intel and nvidia drivers on the websites of these manufacturers! Then post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AAAZZAAAMM
    Hey, So today i replace my screen with a new one, and It seems to be fixed, so ya I had a defective screen that was working completely fine