Predator Triton 500 Thunderbolt issues.

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens, is that for some reason, this update of bios through windows update, removed the tbt of bios again! So I recommend that you reinstall bios 1.02, but this time using the 1.02 file available on the Acer website! I do not recommend upgrading as there is a risk of damaging the notebook. However, if bios does not recognize tbt anymore, you will not be able to install this driver!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Icesick06
    Icesick06 Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    Options
    What happens, is that for some reason, this update of bios through windows update, removed the tbt of bios again! So I recommend that you reinstall bios 1.02, but this time using the 1.02 file available on the Acer website! I do not recommend upgrading as there is a risk of damaging the notebook. However, if bios does not recognize tbt anymore, you will not be able to install this driver!
    Is there a way to downgrade bios versions as just using the file provided uses version checking and if the bios is the same or newer than what I'm trying to install, it aborts the installation.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can not upgrade bios to version 1.05? Can you send a photo with the error?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Icesick06
    Options
    It's on bios v1.05 but you said to try reinstalling the v1.02 bios. If the bios that you are trying to write is the same or newer, it will not let you write the bios.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Did the functions really disappear in the bios? Can you send some photos?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    Here is a photo of the menu you showed me at the beginning. Can confirm before bios was pushed by windows update that the thunderbolt settings you shared we're there. Missing after the windows update v1.02 bios update.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is this option available?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    Yes this option is still there
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Active this option and press f10!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    I don't see any difference with this setting enabled. Still get the same errors as before. Here's a picture of the error I get
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Quando você ativou essa função, as outras funções apareceram?

Did you verify that the device THUNDERBOLT was identified in the device manager as a hidden device?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    Quando você ativou essa função, as outras funções apareceram?

Did you verify that the device THUNDERBOLT was identified in the device manager as a hidden device?

No those options did not appear after enabling the other setting. And nothing under device manager.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked that those options are enabled when you create a password in setsupervisorpassword?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    No extra options enabled when setting supervisor or user password in bios
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,747 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    OK! Would you like to connect an external monitor to usb port 3.1, to verify that the thunderbolt option is enabled in bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    Currently I don't have a monitor to test with. I did plug my phone into the USB c port and got a couple of devices to pop up. They are PCI Express downstream switch port and PC Express upstream switch port. Device IDs are all the same at 8086_15da which is part of the jhl6340 thunderbolt 3 controller (Alpine ridge). The actual thunderbolt 3 device would have a device I'd of 8086_15d9. So I can see that the chip is there just the main software for it won't install. Almost beginning to think that to possibly get it installed correctly would be by hooking up a thunderbolt 3 enabled device to get the device to show up. Was going to purchase a tb3 dock but don't want to until I know for sure.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Somehow, when windows update updated bios to version 1.02, this TBT option was disabled in bios! Make sure to reset the battery if this function is activated again in bios:
    I suggest you disable fastboot in the bios main section and the fast startup option in the windows 10 power options!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Icesick06
    Options
    So with my phone plugged in I can see the first part of the controller. Using hwinfo I can verify it. Just can't actually get the thunderbolt drivers to install or the software.
  • Icesick06
    Options
    Somehow, when windows update updated bios to version 1.02, this TBT option was disabled in bios! Make sure to reset the battery if this function is activated again in bios:
    I suggest you disable fastboot in the bios main section and the fast startup option in the windows 10 power options!

I'll try this when I get home
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Uma dica! Não precisa bater uma foto do celular! Basta pressionar windows+printscreen e depois ir em captura de tela, veja:

Agora, esse dispositivo realmente não é apresentado como dispositivo oculto?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer