Acer Aspire E5-511G randomly freezing since day one.

Dasy27
Dasy27 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, i have laptop from title for 2 years now and it randomly freezes since day one. I tried moving from windows to linux, but no luck. 
When iz freezes after 10 seconds it starts to blow fan realy loud ( pulsating). And then I have to pull out battery or hold the power button. Sometimes it doesn't happen for a week, but sometimes it happens 10 times in one hour. My work is suffering really hard. 
Any clue what is happening? 
 [Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Hello! Have you updated the drivers on the intel and nvidia websites? What is the version bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dasy27
    Hello! Have you updated the drivers on the intel and nvidia websites? What is the version bios?
    My bios version is 1.08, now I am going to install version 1.10
    Drivers are up to date, I think. I have software that updates my drivers automatically.
  • Dasy27
    I updated bios but it happened again
  • Have you checked the temperature with hwinfo64?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dasy27
    Have you checked the temperature with hwinfo64?
    Nope, i will do that next. Thank you
  • Dasy27
    Hi, here are stats at the momment of freezing on ubuntu

• Hello! What is the bios version? The sata mode option is in ahci or ide?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dasy27
    Hello! What is the bios version? The sata mode option is in ahci or ide?

Bios version is v1.10.
    Sata mode is AHCI
  • What is the video card model and the ubuntu version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dasy27
    What is the video card model and the ubuntu version?
    Video card is 810M, but ubuntu version is not important I think. It happens also on Windows 10. I was thinking that problem is in windows 10 maybe, so I have made dual boot, but it happens on both OS.
  • Since you are using the dual-boot notebook, you should ideally disable fast startup in the Windows 10 power options! Do this and post the result! I also suggest you update the drivers on both windows 10 and UBUNTU!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dasy27
    Since you are using the dual-boot notebook, you should ideally disable fast startup in the Windows 10 power options! Do this and post the result! I also suggest you update the drivers on both windows 10 and UBUNTU!
    Is there fast way to delete all drivers and install fresh and correct one? 
    I can't enable touchpad gesture option in windows. when I activate it , it works for 2 seconds and then disables. I think problem is also in drivers because it works well in ubuntu. 
  • These programs already do that! Try updating the drivers and post the result!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Udivitel
    Udivitel Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi. As it turns out, this is a massive problem. And this problem occurred, personally, only with Windows 10. Nothing helped at all. The laptop would freeze at different times and the fan would make a lot of noise from time to time. In my case, the problem was solved when I switched to Windows 11. So far, I haven't noticed any freezes. Pardon for my English.