Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9 Wifi Issues

Options
Mokuu
Mokuu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2019 in Nitro Gaming
Like many, many other people on here, I recently purchased TWO identical Acer Nitro 5's. It was working great the first few days and still is (for the most part).

I'm only having a single issue, and it's my wifi connection. The other laptop I purchased for my wife does NOT have this problem. Aside from serial numbers, the laptops are literally the same. Mine (the one with the wifi problem) will just randomly (and seemingly) lose all wifi connection.....well, kind of. It never truly loses the connection, as my signal indicator says that I never actually disconnect or lose signal strength, but when it "loses connection" it will act as if the entire laptop is offline until it seems to correct itself after a few minutes. I have other devices connected to my home network and I've checked every single one: no other device is having this problem. It always seems to happen whenever I am playing an online game, too. I'll just randomly go offline and get thrown out of whatever game I was playing. It is very frustrating and has cost me several games as I have received soft bans from a few of them for "repeatedly disconnecting from matches." I can't do anything online with this laptop anymore.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I do not have this problem when connected to ethernet. Everything operates as it should when I am hard wired. Not one disconnect.

I've googled and tried just about every solution I could find but with zero positive results. I really don't want to send my laptop back for it to be missing for several weeks nor can I afford to do so. If there is anyone that can help me with this issue or at least point me in the right direction, I would be eternally grateful. If there's any other info I can provide, I will gladly do so if asked. I want this resolved.

Thanks again in adavnce.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon Mokuu !

There is a possibility that the internal antennas of the wireless card have been replaced.
    As you have reported that you have tried all the options, you could make sure that it is not a physical problem that way.

See diagram:

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Mokuu
    Mokuu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'll crack it open and check it later this evening. It was something I had thought of but had written off due to the fact that it still works intermittently.

I did find another "solution" that I had not tried yet. I have since used this method and my wifi SEEMS to be working normal again, but I'm more or less waiting for the problem to crop up again. Here's to hoping it doesn't.

The solution I tried:

You need to turn off the power save mode of the network adapter. The procedure is a follows:
    • Cick "Start"
    • Click "Control Panel"
    • Click "Classic View"
    • Double-click on "System"
    • Select "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Manager" button
    • Click "+" to left of "Network Adapters"
    • Double-click on "Atheros xxxxxxx."
    • Click "Advanced" tab
    • Select "Power Save Mode"
    • Select "Off"
    • Select "OK"
    Source: https://ccm.net/faq/8019-acer-laptop-wi-fi-keeps-disconnecting
  • MaClane
    Options
    Good night !

Exactly this would be the first option he would offer.
    However as he reported having tried all the options I went directly to the hardware part.
    Anyway, do the tests and post here the result!

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    I have found that changing the roaming sensitivity of the WiFi adapters antenna seems to make a difference in wireless reliability.

Device Manager > Network adapters > Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A (your adapter) > 'Advanced' Tab > 'Roaming aggressiveness' > Value - 1. Lowest

If you are not on '1' value, try it. See if you keep dropping the connection.
  • Esotorisk
    Esotorisk Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    We need to fix the network mode on both wifi and adapter on laptop. Read more at https://www.technolaty.com/how-to-fix-acer-nitro-wifi-not-working-and-frequently-disconnecting/
  • MaClane
    Options
    Good morning Esotorisk !

To keep the forum organized and your questions more visible, please avoid posting to already resolved or inactive topics.
    Always open a new post, as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that will guide you there for any questions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Konstantinos
    Konstantinos Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    As an onwer of the nitro 5 I faced the same problem . At the momment i'm connected to the internet with ethernet . Gratefully I found your post and I have done everything @tobimaru said . Let's hope for the best ... A massive thanks to everyone in here.

• SaSimon
    SaSimon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I bought acer nitro assuming it be best in category... But its proving to be disgusting.. It frequently goes into sleep only to wake after 3/4 hours... Sometimes it hangs and goes into sleep mode... Many a times its Wi-Fi does not work... Really hard to cope with these problems...in a nutshell disgusting killing time rather than using it
  • DarkSoul85
    DarkSoul85 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2020
    Options
    i need help!!!!! i try to do like a clean install so i when to safe mode and windows asking me for a password, i type it and surprise doesnt work! I realize is because its not network connection but when i try "SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING" nothing happens!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!! im stuck on safe mode logging screen! :(
  • MaClane
    Options
    Good morning DarkSoul85  !

To keep the forum organized and your questions more visible, please avoid posting to already resolved or inactive topics.
    Always open a new post, as it has been guided by moderators.
    Put an @ in front of my name that will guide you there for any questions.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• JohnP1
    JohnP1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Basically I had the same problem. Purchased the machine, started with the installation of software etc. then noticed the wifi was disconnected. I played with installing / uninstalling the drivers, played with power settings, even reinstalled the system - this didn't solve the issue. I was almost at the point to send it back. 

SOLUTION: go to intel driver support assistant download and install it. It will automatically detect the missing drivers and updates. After running it the wifi randomly disconnecting issue was gone. ACER NITRO 5 17 is a beast - super performance it runs great!
  • MaClane
    Options
    Great sharing JohnP1 !

Let's hope this solution helps everyone!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Kootomara
    Kootomara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just bought Acer Nitro 5 myself and encountered same problem, pretty annoying. Concerning my modem provided by ISP is rather old this is what i did:

1. I disabled IPv6:
    Go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Center, click your Wifi Network and in the following window go to "Properties". In next window uncheck Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6).

2. I turned off Power Safe for WiFi adapter:
    Go to Device Manager, find your WiFi card on the list in Network cards, in the following window go to Energy managment tab and uncheck Allow computer to turn off this device for energy saving.

3. I changed some options for WiFi adapter:
    Like in previous step go to your WiFi card options in Device Manager but this time open Advanced Tab and change following:
    - like someone else posted here change Roaming aggressiveness value to 1. Lowest
    Preffered Bandwith: 2.4 GHz I changed this because i know my modem works only in 2.4 GHz bandwith, check out yours before you do so.
    Wake on Lan with Magic packet: OFF

So far so good! I'm testing this solution for like 3 hours now and no single disconnection occured. Hope that will help anyone, greetings :)

• Hemanth021
    Hemanth021 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Mokuu !

There is a possibility that the internal antennas of the wireless card have been replaced.
    As you have reported that you have tried all the options, you could make sure that it is not a physical problem that way.

See diagram:

Hello sir I'm using nitro-5 AN515-52 I have a wi-fi issue I've tried all methods i.e., checking drivers (intel wireless AC-9560) the error mark showing in the device manager. actually, how it happens I'm using my wi-fi as usual suddenly it disconnects I think my wi-fi network is gone. But the thing is the wi-fi option is not showing. sir tell me the thing I think it is hardware problem yes or no sir.....
  • Unstopablejay
    Unstopablejay Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Also I found this issue only happens when we connect the power adapter. If you use the laptop with battery. There is no wifi issues.   It only happens when we use it while power plugged in.
  • MohamedMamdouh
    MohamedMamdouh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    MaClane said:
    Good afternoon Mokuu !

See diagram:

the white antenna wire have been unplugged from my wifi adaptor and the socket have broken( the white antenna socket)
    after that the wifi signals become very weak ,, yestarday i have repair it (soldered) and i check it at the shop and it worked well ,,, but now it doesn't want to connect and give me this error

what may be happed while soldering may caause this problem ,, it connected yesterday and after that didn't connect,, this morning didn't want to connected untill now and connected once with my mobile HS and then no
  • Circletranslations
    Circletranslations Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This trick always works for me!!

• Cick "Start"
    • Click "Control Panel"
    • Click "Classic View"
    • Double-click on "System"
    • Select "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Manager" button
    • Click "+" to left of "Network Adapters"
    • Doubl-click on "Atheros xxxxxxx."
    • Click "Advancd" tab
    • Select "Power Save Mode"
    • Select "Of"
    • Select "OK"
    Professional video subtitle translation processes
  • univesalAnswer
    univesalAnswer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    This is the driver problem, I have found the solution. My device is Acer nitro 5 (an515-45-r375) with MediaTek Wi-fi MT7921 wireless card. 

First go to device manager and Network adapter 

Go to MediaTek and click property 

Update driver 

The driver is working great for me. 

Click next and your problem should be solved.