Acer Nitro Ryzen 5 AN515-42 - Stutters while playing some games

MPADHU
MPADHU Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Friends,

Playing some games on Acer Nitro Ryzen 5 AN515-42 causes stutters/lags. The stuttering is bit frequent that it makes me loose the interest to play. Faced this more while playing Red Faction at 1080p resolution, FPS reaching 110 max, GPU temperature below 70 deg C. Usually the computer stutters when temperatures are high but I think 70 deg max is not that bad. May be the fps causing issue since the display can handle only 60hz?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night MPADHU !

Are your drivers properly updated?
    Is the system configured for High Performance on Windows power options?
    Does it play directly connected to the power outlet?
    Is the battery set to High Performance?
    Are the games set up to use the video player on the AMD panel?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MPADHU
    MPADHU Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    MaClane said:
    Good night MPADHU !

Are your drivers properly updated?
    Is the system configured for High Performance on Windows power options?
    Does it play directly connected to the power outlet?
    Is the battery set to High Performance?
    Are the games set up to use the video player on the AMD panel?

Drivers updated.
    It's in high performance mode.
    Always connected to power while gaming. 
    I am not sure on how to set up video player on AMD panel. 
  • MaClane
    I suggest one of those checked in the Panel options which may vary by system.
    There are options to enter the games and configure various performance options.
    Anyway, I advise you to get a good cooler base with active cooler.

httpsadrenalineuolcombrfilesuploadbrandchannel2015amdamdradeonsoftwaregmaesjpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Papadaddyfather
    Papadaddyfather Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

same problem on an 515 42 r6gv games are slow. how the hell is this a gaming laptop. i feel cheated by acer.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    I have no problem with my games, make sure that your dedicated GPU is selected in switchable graphics, sounds like its running on the integrated GPU
    Go to Switchable Graphics then Installed Profile Applications, select Browse then find your games .exe launcher in Programs on your PC. add it and then select High Performance. The game will now run on the dedicated GPU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MaClane
    same problem on an 515 42 r6gv games are slow. how the hell is this a gaming laptop. i feel cheated by acer.
    More lack of knowledge than the fault of Acer.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• andylb
    MaClane said:
    More lack of knowledge than the fault of Acer.
    Got to agree all my games run well and 2 of them are very high demand graphics and they still run between 75 and 90 fps with zero stuttering but to be fair AMD don't provide a very good walkthough for the Switchable Graphics. Iv'e even seen posts on here where people didn't even know they had 2 GPU's. It is a budget gaming laptop but it does handle most games well when correctly set up in Radeon Adrenalin. If you have the Vega 8 and RX560x Graphics cards then your drivers should be updated per the screenshot below

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• SHOURYA143
    SHOURYA143 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    My laptop is acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 AN515-42 
    In this laptop games are very lagging and apps takes a lot of time to open game lags how to do setting in amd radeon for games like pubg 
  • andylb
    edited June 2019
    My laptop is acer nitro 5 ryzen 5 AN515-42 
    In this laptop games are very lagging and apps takes a lot of time to open game lags how to do setting in amd radeon for games like pubg 
    @SHOURYA143the 1st thing to do is update your BIOS to V1.13 here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1
    After that update to the latest AMD Graphics drivers click download 19.6.2 Driver for Windows 10 64 bit, Uninstall your current driver before installing the new one, go here https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/beta/Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.6.2-June17.exe

Make sure High Performance is selected under Power Plan in Nitrosense when on AC

After that make sure your RX560x is selected in Switchable Graphics for your games and your games are set on High Performance, you must import your games .exe using the Browse tab in pic below, so click System/Switchable Graphics/Running Applications/Installed profile Applications/Browse, navigate in your Hard Drive to your Game folder and find the game file .exe double clicking it will import it to the Radeon Settings then click your game and select High Performance

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★