[Review][For designers at Acer] G3-572 Fan cleaning

sri369
sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Disclaimer:
Do not assume I am cribbing here, this is more directed towards the poor product design of G3-572 Predator laptop.
I have been using laptops of multiple brands for over 15 years now and desktops for over 25 years, so have been used to all these.
---
I am not sure where this can be heard by Acer Engineers, so posted here.
@mods, if you feel this is a wrong place, please feel free to move it to the right place.
--------

Omg! This was a truly atrocious one for me - it took me over 15 minutes to clean the fans!!!

1. Painstakingly unscrew seventeen (yes, 17 in all!!!) screws.
2. Use a pry tool to remove as many hinges from the case.
3. Before you pull the cover more than 2 inches off mother board... wait! Check if you have a secondary hard disk installed. If its there, disconnect it.
4. Now take the cover off.
5. Clean the fans.
6. Get the cover close but not close the hinges and juggle to get the secondary hard disk connector in.
7. Lock the cover back in place (hinges)
8. Screw back all 17 screws.

As a gaming laptop, or any laptop in general, considering it is a device we take everywhere, there arises a need to clean fans from time to time, and this should barely be a 5 minute job, not a 15+ minutes chore.
The quick release slot is there for second HDD, this is on par since this component gets replaced.
There is another quick release slot, but this is for RAM that is replaced/upgraded more like once or twice during the life of laptop.

All this chore would have been reduced by over 90% had the engineers made another slot for fans access, or replaced the RAM one with fan.

Karma...
LIKE - if helpful
ACCEPT - if helped resolve
---------
Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045

Answers

• It's good to hear your opinion! It takes a lot of skill and patience to open the helios, nitro 5 and predator models! here is a video on how to dismantle this notebook model:
    https://youtu.be/Ph2ibK79zd8
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sri369
    @egydiocoelho

Do you know where the CMOS battery is, or the CMOS reset jumpers are? I opened up the laptop, but was unable to find that.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • I can not make this kind of information available!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    I can not make this kind of information available!
    And I ask myself what Acer thinks this community is about!
    Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• sri369
    strider16 said:
    I can not make this kind of information available!
    And I ask myself what Acer thinks this community is about!
    This community is about helping, and what I asked for is restricted info that is pretty much customer service only. So its okay.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------