What do i do about this? Helios 300

ADarkInferno
ADarkInferno Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have had the Helios 300 special edition since January and i have encountered numerous problems with said laptop. First it was heat, second it was my wireless drive shutting down and eventually turning back on multiple times, and now my headphone mic isn't detected. I've spent numerous hours trying to fix each problem and of course no one has helped with any of them at all since everyone gives the exact same answer. I don't know the manufacturers warranty length or anything or if they will even fix it at all if it's still a viable option. Acer repair is way too specific which makes sending it in for repair annoying. And i have read and heard some pretty bad things about that as well. So at this point i'm super frustrated and done with this at this point. I don't know what to ask anymore besides what do I do?

Answers

• Jeeva7747
    Jeeva7747 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Heating is normal while gaming.

• ADarkInferno
    ADarkInferno Member Posts: 3 New User
    Jeeva7747 said:
    Heating is normal while gaming.

Thanks for the response i guess but there is still many other problems.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited April 2019

Hi,

@ADarkInferno  

Sorry to know that you have multiple issue along with Wifi connectivity issue with your Predator. 

I requested you to 1st, try restarting your home router and modem. Restart your laptop at the same time so its all fresh. 

If this don't help, try the Wireless driver re-installation. Download the Wireless driver from Acer Driver & Manual website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

After downloading the driver, right-click the Windows start button, select Device Manager, and view the Network adapters. Find the Qualcomm Atheros driver and uninstall it by right-clicking it and selecting uninstall. Restart your laptop. Windows will install a generic wireless driver and you can test your Internet on the wireless driver first. Then update the driver using the one you have downloaded and test again. Once the wifi issue is resolved, later will proceed fixing other issues in the unit. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)