Keyboard backlight not working on E5-576G-5762

Kou
Kou Member Posts: 10 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Acer Community,

I own an Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762 model that comes with backlight keyboard. Recently the backlight is acting up and it comes on only when it feels like doing so. Pressing Fn+F9 doesn't do anything when it's off, and I know the backlight is still there because the keyboard lights up while starting. However, after reaching the login screen, the keyboard light goes off. I am not sure if this is an issue that multiple users have but I'd like to know if there are any solutions to the problem. I do not know when the issue started but I noticed it in the recent month (13 months after purchase)

Best Answer

• Kou
    Answer ✓
    I've tried removing both Standard PS2 keyboard and HID keyboard drivers, restarted and doesn't help. 

Update: After reinstalling windows, all function keys but F9(backlight) works.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good afternoon Kou !

Are your drivers properly updated?
    Is the problem only on the battery or the power outlet?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Kou
    Good afternnon MaClane,

I have no manually updated any drivers since I purchased the computer, but the Acer Care Center software says no updates are needed though Acer's site have some very recent drivers. This is an issue on both battery and being plugged in.
  • MaClane
    Perform the following procedures:

CALIBRATION AND BATTERY RESET

First, disable Quick Start in the power options and disconnect the notebook from the power outlet.

httpswwwhowtogeekcomwp-contentuploads201602fast-startup-650x313pngpagespeedcekM3Qa70mcUpng

BATTERY CONTROLLER RESET
    Access the device manager and look for the "acpi-compatible control method battery driver" and "microsoft AC adapter" and give it up.
    Then restart the notebook for Windows to reinstall and remove any errors.

httpsimagesdrivereasycomwp-contentuploads201811img_5bfe7020cb7efjpg

Process to reset the battery

Disconnect the power adapter.
        Locate the hole to reset the battery in the bottom of the computer.
        He inserted a small clip into the hole. Hold the reset button for 05 seconds.
        Let the computer rest for 5 minutes without power.
        Plug in the power adapter and turn on the system.

The button is the type that is identified in the photo.

External Battery Pack

If your notebook has an external battery, proceed as follows:
    1- Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.
    2- Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated.
    3 - Replace the battery and turn the unit on.

Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Kou
    Thanks for replying,

Doing the above steps didn't help, now even startup the keyboard doesn't light up. Addition to that, I found the Fn+F3 (wifi on/off) doesn't operate either. I tried to update drivers and that caused BSOD. Now I resetted the pc and they still don't work.
  • In the bios of this model, is there a function called function key behavior?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kou
    Hi egydiocoelho

The BIOS of this model does not have the function key behavior option in any pages, and I do not know if the BIOS is up to date. It is the basic bios interface
  • Hello! Have you tried removing the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restarting the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kou
    Answer ✓
    I've tried removing both Standard PS2 keyboard and HID keyboard drivers, restarted and doesn't help. 

Update: After reinstalling windows, all function keys but F9(backlight) works.
  • So that means there was some bug in windows 10! It's good that you've solved your problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaClane
    Good afternoon Kou !

Good thing you fixed it!
    Possibly some patch bug or some Windows incompatibility.
    Accept your own response to mark the topic as resolved!
    Needing something just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Kou
    It's not solved. In the progress of solving I discovered that my F3(Wifi On/Off) doesn't work as well, and that is the only thing solved. The original backlight issue is till present.
  • MaClane
    edited April 2019
    Is Acer Quick Access installed?
    It controls the Fn key shortcuts.

Only the Wifi function key does not work?
    The other yes?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• After reinstalling the operating system, did you install the acer quick access program to enable the fn + fx commands?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kou
    I installed the Quick Access software. As of right now, the key that controls the keyboard backlight On/Off does not work.
  • Kou
    The quick access software doesn't have anything related to Function keys. All I can see here are: Bluelight Shield, Power-off USB Charging, and power button.
  • I suggest you uninstall the old version first!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kou
    Thank you for the information. I uninstalled my current version of Quick Access and installed the one provided by the link. There are no differences in the interfaces. Options did not increase for me.
  • When you uninstall acer quick access, does the backlit keyboard work again? What is the bios version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Kou
    No the backlight did not work. BIOS is v1.49
  • Uninstall and delete this driver and restart the notebook:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer