T232HL touch screen monitors register touch on laptop touchscreen

Options
LavenderLady
LavenderLady Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I recently upgraded to a new laptop and docking station.  Prior to my upgrade, my T232HL touch screen worked perfectly with my laptop.  With my new laptop (same brand as the old one), the touch on the monitors register on my laptop monitor.  How can this be fixed?  Thanks!

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    I recently upgraded to a new laptop and docking station.  Prior to my upgrade, my T232HL touch screen worked perfectly with my laptop.  With my new laptop (same brand as the old one), the touch on the monitors register on my laptop monitor.  How can this be fixed?  Thanks!
    Make sure to use HDMI cable. Also, connect the USB cable which comes along with the monitor. If you already had this setup then reset the monitor settings.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • LavenderLady
    Options
    Yes, both the HDMI and the USB cables are plugged in.  The touch feature is working weird.  Instead of selecting what is on the T232HL monitor, the selection is on my laptop monitor, which wasn't touched.  Not sure how to reset the monitor settings.  This is what they are set to now.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @LavenderLady

Is the windows screen selected as duplicate or extend. if its in duplicate then the touch feature is working fine. If its in extend and you face this issue then try reset. to check which mode it is in. Press  Windows  + P together to get display sharing options. 

Here is the link to download user manual. Once downloaded go to page number EN-17 to find options to reset.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • LavenderLady
    Options
    After doing more troubleshooting, I believe that the root to this issue is the docking station.  The manufacturer requires that new drivers be downloaded, but their website to download the drivers is broken.  Hopefully, when the drivers are installed, the communication with the monitors will be fixed.  Will post an update after the new docking station drivers are installed.