Touchpad mode removed in BIOS v1.13 (Touchpad not working in Ubuntu18.04.02LTS )

kylezuki
kylezuki Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently I have successfully installed Ubuntu alongside with Windows on my Nitro Ryzen 5 (AN515-42) but my touchpad doesnt seem to work, is there anything i could do to fix this?
BIOS v1.12 contains this "2.Change touch pad mode from basic to advance for linux sku." but on v1.13 There is no Touchpad settings in the bios anymore.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    What problem were you having with v1.12 that you thought v1.13 would fix? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kylezuki
    JackE said:
    What problem were you having with v1.12 that you thought v1.13 would fix? Jack E/NJ
    v1.13 can now disable the 30 sec backlight timeout while plugged in. I never thought they'd remove the touchpad setting :anguished:
  • In bios, have you changed the touchpad function to basic?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    kylezuki wrote >>> on v1.13 There is no Touchpad settings in the bios anymore.>>>

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kylezuki
    In bios, have you changed the touchpad function to basic?
    touchpad settings in BIOS was gone after updating to 1.13
  • JackE
    Side effects can be an annoying issue with firmware updates especially in dual boot. At this point, I think you have a choice to make. Which is more annoying. The backlight timeout? Or the touchpad BIOS options? Remember, this is primarily a Windows, not Linux, laptop design. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• You can try to downgrade the bios, but it is a delicate and extremely risky procedure: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/636299/#Comment_636299
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vkk
    vkk Member Posts: 82 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited April 2019
    kylezuki said:
    Recently I have successfully installed Ubuntu alongside with Windows on my Nitro Ryzen 5 (AN515-42) but my touchpad doesnt seem to work, is there anything i could do to fix this?
    BIOS v1.12 contains this "2.Change touch pad mode from basic to advance for linux sku." but on v1.13 There is no Touchpad settings in the bios anymore.
    What are your grub flags?