Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Chrome Tab 10 "enable unknown sources"?

MAR55MAR55 Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

I recently bought Acer Chrome Tab 10 and changed to Dev OS. However when I side load an Andriod App a pop-up appears requiring me to change to Dev OS, which I have already done? Further research leads me to believe I must also "enable unknown sources", but I can't find where to do that? Can anyone assist please?

FAQ & Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 1,221ACE Pioneer
    MAR55 said:
    I recently bought Acer Chrome Tab 10 and changed to Dev OS. However when I side load an Andriod App a pop-up appears requiring me to change to Dev OS, which I have already done? Further research leads me to believe I must also "enable unknown sources", but I can't find where to do that? Can anyone assist please?

To access it, open the Chrome OS settings screen and click the “App Settings” link under Android Apps.

Android’s Settings screen will open in a window on your Chromebook. Click or tap the “Security” option.

Enable the “Unknown Sources” option under Device Administration. You’ll see a warning telling you to be careful about what you download and install.

If you don’t see the Unknown Sources option here, your Chromebook isn’t in developer mode. This option only appears here when your Chromebook is in developer mode, so try going through Step One again.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  :)  :)
  • MAR55MAR55 Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

Hi Rudy 21, thank you, however my Acer Tab 10 shows OS dev mode, yet the Device Administration is still ghosted and can't be switched??? any ideas?
    MAR55 said:
    Hi Rudy 21, thank you, however my Acer Tab 10 shows OS dev mode, yet the Device Administration is still ghosted and can't be switched??? any ideas?
    Try switching the channel back to stable channel and then try the steps.

Tinkerer

Hi Rudy... same issue after power wash and reload. I am in chrome Dev 75.0.3752.2 using operating system Android 7.1.1 and when I side load apk. banner pops-up stating to switch to Chrome OS Dev before opening... I press ok and nothing happens. Devise administration is still ghosted not allowing the unknown sources toggle to engage????
    MAR55 said:
    Hi Rudy... same issue after power wash and reload. I am in chrome Dev 75.0.3752.2 using operating system Android 7.1.1 and when I side load apk. banner pops-up stating to switch to Chrome OS Dev before opening... I press ok and nothing happens. Devise administration is still ghosted not allowing the unknown sources toggle to engage????
    is this chrome device a managed device ( Ex: used for college, schools, business etc ) If yes then i guess you might have to contact admin

Tinkerer

No... my own device.
    MAR55 said:
    No... my own device.
    i'm afraid that i do not have much of solutions. Let me check if any of my colleagues have solution to your question.

@egydiocoelho , @brummyfan2, @MaClane can you help one of our community members please... 

Tinkerer

Many thanks for any assist... I appreciate your time.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 16,348ACE Trailblazer
    What is the exact model of chromebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Tinkerer

Chromebook Tab 10 D651N-K9WT Chromebook Tablet.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 16,348ACE Trailblazer
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em promover! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on Promote!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Tinkerer

serial number NXH0BAA001823204267600