Triton 500 Headphone and Microphone Jack not working?

justinlim
justinlim Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited 8:16PM in 2019 Archives
Just got my laptop today and i've have trouble making my earphones work in both microphone and headphone jacks. Also, I noticed that both ports are kind of tight for the 3.5 mm jack? The laptop is able to sense the headphone when it is plugged in but it does not produce any sound nor capture sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Did the driver update solve the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you changed the device here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • justinlim

Tinkerer

I do not have a "Realtek" folder in my Program Files nor do I have a Realtek option in the control panel. I think the problem has something to do with missing drivers?
  • It might be! Can you copy and paste the audio driver's idhardware here? Example:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0289&SUBSYS_1025132D&REV_1000
    and
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0289&SUBSYS_1025132D

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101&REV_1000
    and
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_280B&SUBSYS_80860101

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Update: Actually got one of my earphones to work when I restarted the laptop. However, when i tried to plug in a different pair, it wouldn't work and after that even the earphone that previously worked also didn't work now. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

I will try to download it maybe tomorrow trying now and it says "2 hours left". Its 12:42 am right now at our place and the internet is really not working well right now. Thank you so much by the way I appreciate all the help!
  • Ok! Post the result tomorrow!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Hey! Just downloaded the driver. How do I install it sir?
  • You need to download winrar to extract the files! Then click setup!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Is the "RtlUpd64" the setup? 
  • OK! You should install it like this, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Got it. However, I do not have  "Realtek High Definition Audio" I only have "Realtek(R) Audio"

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Update: Earphones started working when I tried to plug in one! Yet to try the microphone though I will update you on that one. Thank you so much for all your help sir! I will still try to update or replace the driver so I wouldn't have troubles in the future.
  • Did you restart the notebook? Have you checked that the microphone is working, as shown in the picture I showed earlier?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Yes i restarted the notebook. By the picture do you mean your first comment? I dont think I have that option even now. I will try to update you again later as soon as possible I'm just going to the gym
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Did the driver update solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

Update: No it did not fix the microphone. I will bring my laptop to the Acer store where I bought it so they can check. By the way, thank you so much for all the help you've given me until now! 
  • I do not think it's a hardware problem, but software!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• justinlim

Tinkerer

I think so too but I'm not really that confident with doing it so I would rather bring it there HAHAHA