All files on my chromebook appear as "..."

Denko
Denko Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I cant read any of my files because they all appear as ...
I can read the folder names on the side but when i click on the folders files they just say ...
Is there a command i can input that would be able to make see what their called again?
Its weird because when i first got the chromebook this wasn't an issue and only showed up after a couple of months, i might've press something to make it happen

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,772 Pathfinder
    Denko said:
    I cant read any of my files because they all appear as ...
    I can read the folder names on the side but when i click on the folders files they just say ...
    Is there a command i can input that would be able to make see what their called again?
    Its weird because when i first got the chromebook this wasn't an issue and only showed up after a couple of months, i might've press something to make it happen
    If your files are saved on google drive. then i would recommend you to login to any other device like smartphone, tablet or another laptop. Check if the file name is described the same. If it is not then you might have selected the view mode incorrectly. Please share the result to help you more.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Denko
    The files themselves are not labeled ... but only appear that way on the chromebook, what is this view mood 
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,772 Pathfinder
    Denko said:
    The files themselves are not labeled ... but only appear that way on the chromebook, what is this view mood 
    You have 2 view modes check in the image below. You can try and switch the mode and check if no go. Then test the same in any other device ( Ex: Smartphone or tablet etc )

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Denko
    It looks like this, i remember being able to read the ... as what the files are actually called. oh and view mood on my chromebook is for thumbnails and ...
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Hover your mouse pointer over the vertical line between "S..." and "Type". It should change the pointer to a horizontal arrow with points on both ends. Click and hold the left touchpad button and drag to the right. That should widen the Size field enough to be able to display the numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.