Predator G5-793 The keyboard lights are not working in the middle of keyboard. Only the sides

Viewless
Viewless Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
I went to service with the laptop to repair it because it had burned the video card after I got my laptop "Predator sense" was downloaded but it has not the functions it had before Backlights work only on the left and right sides of the keyboard. The keyboard is not an RGB. I don't have overclock options, Fan speed is not displayed, Keyboard lights don't match the zones. Zone 1 is okay, Zone 2 is on the left side of the keyboard which is not supposed to be there. I uninstalled the Predator sense and downloaded a new one from the application tab on the Acer website which was the same.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    >>>I went to service>>> it has not the functions it had before>>>
    Върнете го бързо, за да го поправите. Те трябва да поправят тези нови проблеми, причинени от подмяната им. Jack E/NJ

Return it to repair service fast. They should repair these new problems caused by their video adapter replacement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    I noticed that Predator sense is different. It didn't have overclocking option I couldn't see CPU and GPU frequencies, fan speed and temperatures. Do you have any idea why? I returned it to the repair service yesterday. 
  • Viewless
    This is how the keyboard was looking.
  • Viewless
    That's how Predator Sense was looking.
  • JackE
    As the repair service what Predator Sense version number they installed and why. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    edited April 2019
    I don't remember what version of Predator Sense was installed. I thought that they messed up something after installing Windows so I reinstalled it. Then I downloaded these two applications. Usually when I reinstall the windows it automatically download drivers so I usually download these two apps and everything is fine but this time it didn't work.
  • JackE
    >>> Usually when I reinstall the windows>>>

What Win10 version? ACER-specific version? Or Microsoft-generic version? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    JackE said:
    >>> Usually when I reinstall the windows>>>

What Win10 version? ACER-specific version? Or Microsoft-generic version? Jack E/NJ
    Microsoft generic version. 
  • JackE
    Was it the same generic installation stick used previously? Or was it a new one made from a later Win10 download? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    JackE said:
    Was it the same generic installation stick used previously? Or was it a new one made from a later Win10 download? Jack E/NJ
    Well I bought the laptop with Windows installed Predator Sense was okay, I uninstalled it when I bought my SSD so I used Usb to install it on the SSD I didn't have any problems with Predator Sense as it was the same one. When my GPU died I didn't know what's the problem back then so I talked to Microsoft support. We did some test and then we did clean install using USB following their instructions. After we found out that the problem may be the GPU I went to repair service. The GPU is integrated so the had to buy new motherboard. The laptop was repaired and I went to take it. I didn't see any problems with the keyboard lights but when I got home it was already night and I noticed that the center of the keyboard is off. Then I opened Predator Sense and it was different like the picture I sent. Tried to turn the center lights but it didn't work. So as you told me I went to repair service again and the laptop is still there.
  • JackE
    >>>Usually when I reinstall the windows it automatically download drivers so I usually download these two apps and everything is fine but this time it didn't work.>>>

What Windows installation stick did you use this time? An old one or a new one? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    JackE said:
    >>>Usually when I reinstall the windows it automatically download drivers so I usually download these two apps and everything is fine but this time it didn't work.>>>

What Windows installation stick did you use this time? An old one or a new one? Jack E/NJ
    A new one.
  • Viewless
    When I got my laptop from the repair service it was preinstalled
  • JackE
    That might be the reason. They may have downloaded and installed the latest major Win10 revision. I don't think the version before last Oct  is available anymore using the USB creation tool. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    JackE said:
    That might be the reason. They may have downloaded and installed the latest major Win10 revision. I don't think the version before last Oct  is available anymore using the USB creation tool. Jack E/NJ 

That may be the reason only for the Predator sense issue right? Because while the laptop is booting the keyboard doesn't light in the center as it should do. I don't think the keyboard has something with the Windows because Windows hasn't loaded yet and we see a problem am I right?
  • JackE
    Yes, only for PSense. I suspect when they changed the mainboard graphics, they didn't run, or perhaps didn't have access to, the KB backlight utility to set up the key colors, patterns etc as shown below. Try searching for the KB led utility, wKBLED EXE or KBLED.EXE, in File Explorer. It might already be on your HDD/SSD.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    I talked to the repair service today. They told me that a new MB was ordered. JackE I appreciate your support. I'll leave a comment on Monday with information what happened. Do you have any advice what tests should I do when my laptop is ready. Last time I did some test using Unigine.
  • JackE
    No specific tests other than checking Device Manager for any red or yellow driver warnings and doing heavy cpu/gpu intensive routines. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Viewless
    Hello again, everything seems fine. The keyboard is now working but the Predator sense is the same. I'm in the repair service right now. I did some tests and gpu and cpu seem fine 
  • zeyad1
    zeyad1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Viewless said:
    Hello again, everything seems fine. The keyboard is now working but the Predator sense is the same. I'm in the repair service right now. I did some tests and gpu and cpu seem fine 
    Hello how are you, i had the same problem with my Predator G5-793 772u I started to have random dots on the screen after one week then the laptop was unusable so they changed the motherboard but predator sense is exactly like the image you provided, did you find a way to fix this problem or at least know why its only showing the cpu temp without the gpu temp or any other options