XB273K HDR mode leads to flickering in apps and games

Options
andimi
andimi Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello,

When I use the monitor in HDR mode (Windows 10 latest version, either using applications or gaming, e.g. Firefox or Slack app or Sekiro game when using HDR), the screen flickers slightly but noticeably. It's almost as if the backlight is flickering for a few milliseconds, but I am not 100% sure that's what's happening.

I tried lowering the frame rate, but this problem persists, but when HDR is off, the screen has no flickering problems at any frame rates.
This happens when using a display port or HDMI port (I am using HDR compatible cables, and multiple ones in case the cables were defective - the problem still persists).

This is annoying and over time it led me to disable HDR altogether. I wonder whether it is a driver issue (I tried both an NVidia 1070 and now a Titan RTX, and the problem is present in both) or a monitor issue.

What shall I try? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers!

Answers

• 10TANK
    10TANK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I changed my HDR setting from Auto to HDR 400 and it fixed it for me.

• andimi
    andimi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    10TANK said:
    I changed my HDR setting from Auto to HDR 400 and it fixed it for me.

Thanks for the suggestion! Can I ask you where this HDR setting is? In the monitor settings, or the computer settings?
  • liquidsnakeblue
    liquidsnakeblue Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello, I was having this same issue.  After working on it with ACER support we realized the monitor was set to Eco mode.  How to fix:  Push the "stick" on the back on the monitor in to enable the menu.  Push the button just below the power button the bring the proper menu up allowing you to change mode.  Switch to "graphics" mode.  Problem solved!