Acer A515-51 won't turn on after power button press once. Press and hold Required

rajeshnayak789
rajeshnayak789 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

If I press power button once then it doesn't starts.
I have to press&hold the power button for few seconds to turn it on. Where is the issue?
Is it a really an issue or is it just a bios update?

Best Answer

• Kassinni
    Kassinni Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys,
    I have the same issue with my Acer A515-51G (Aspire 5) for 5 months already. It wan't turn on just by pressing or holding for couple of seconds the power button. It requires repeatably pressing the power button - sometimes it helps within 30 sec, sometimes, like today, it takes 5-10 minutes. I tried update the bios, reset the battery.... nothing worked. As far as I understood, the problem is common. Any suggestion?

Answers

• MPAtl
    MPAtl Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue here. That coupled with the fact that after laptop sleeps, it won't wake via touchpad, mouse or powerbutton.
    Help?!
  • Kassinni
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys,
    I have the same issue with my Acer A515-51G (Aspire 5) for 5 months already. It wan't turn on just by pressing or holding for couple of seconds the power button. It requires repeatably pressing the power button - sometimes it helps within 30 sec, sometimes, like today, it takes 5-10 minutes. I tried update the bios, reset the battery.... nothing worked. As far as I understood, the problem is common. Any suggestion?
  • rajeshnayak789

Tinkerer

No solution yet guys, since it's a common problem, I am going to contact acer care tomorrow about the issue. Will add their response here. 
  • rajeshnayak789

Tinkerer

As per my conversation with Acer Customer Support, they have arranged an on-site service within 2-3 days. I will update about the same.
  • Kassinni
    As per my conversation with Acer Customer Support, they have arranged an on-site service within 2-3 days. I will update about the same.
    I hope your issue is related to same as I have and the solution will be suitable. The Acer service here is not quite good in my region, to be honest. Thank you in advance  for the support, I will be waiting for the update.
  • rajeshnayak789

Tinkerer

Update GUYS:
    The technician came today for onsite service. Unfortunately, I forgot this problem happens only when the laptop is powered off for a long time like 12 hours or so. When the technician came. he shut down my laptop and then tried to replicate the issue which both of us failed to do. I knew I won't be able to replicate that problem at that point of time. So, he still tried to disassemble and reset the PC by plugging out battery and all. Still not replicated. He cleaned the interior and assembled it back. Since the issue couldn't be replicated so no replacement needs to be done. If it happens again in future then I have to dump this to service center for few days so that they can figure it out. 

That's all I will update if same issue happens after 1 or 2days. Atleast, I can live tension free because I still have more than 2.5 years of warranty left. Cheers!
  • rajeshnayak789

Tinkerer

The power button issue is now solved after the technician cleaned up interior of my laptop. He was guessing that it might be the moisture under the button that might be causing the problem. Now it's working like a charm.
  • DivaCEO
    DivaCEO Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have had after owning the laptop for 6 months. Now the laptop is 1 yr old and it will not power on...press power button and it blinks; for a couple of seconds and turns off-black screen. None of the solutions I find are working. What next?
  • Dwaipayan
    Dwaipayan Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    My Acer Aspire A515-51G was shutting down abruptly when on battery power for the past 2 days. I did a battery reset using the pin-hole which didn't solve the issue and laptop won't power on. Then I put some insulation tape on that rectangular block that presses against a switch near the RAM slot, closed the compartment and voila... my laptop powered up on battery power and ran a full 4-5 hrs without any issue before I had to put it to charge.