Acer Quick Access Bluelight Shield

hazem94
hazem94 Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey all, It seems that there is a bug in Acer Quick Access where whenever I run Bluelight Shield it sometimes stops then I need to re-open the app again and turn Bluelight Shield off then on again. Especially when I run Win Updates, search using Cortana, turn off Bluetooth, ....etc. How can I solve this issue?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Some QA apps seem to interfere with similar Windows apps. Maybe this one doesn't. Try turning it on then. If still no joy, we can temporarily disable the newer version and install the older ACER download version to see if it fixes the problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Enter your model number at this link https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers . Download and reinstall the latest Quick Access app update even if it's the same version number you have now. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    The version on the website is '2.1.3018', on the other hand, I have version '2.1.3025' installed by default so when I try to reinstall I get a message telling that 'You already have a newer version'.
  • JackE
    What's your full ACER model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    It's Swift SF315-52G
  • JackE
    Click on Windows start icon. Click settings. Click system. Click display. If a Windows nightlight option is available, try turning it off. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    It's already turned off :)
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Some QA apps seem to interfere with similar Windows apps. Maybe this one doesn't. Try turning it on then. If still no joy, we can temporarily disable the newer version and install the older ACER download version to see if it fixes the problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    Alright, thank you!
  • hazem94
    Again, it's off after I turned Bluetooth on/off, or Wifi on/off
  • JackE
    No. Not the Bluetooth/Wifi option. It's the Nightlight option. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MarceloNITRO5
    MarceloNITRO5 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have updated the Acer Quick Access from version 2.01.3025 to 3.00.3009 (which is the most recent version from October 2019) and the same problem related here in this page in above comments remains, regardless the windows 10 integrated feature of nightLight is on or off. I mean: the bug with the mentioned Acer Quick Access feature of BlueLight Shield is that, as mentioned from other users with the same problem, the filter function of such bluelight shield application doens't remains kept on all the time, being constantly off in response to a lot of states alternances of services in Windows during its normal usage, like: when turning ton or off things like Bluetooth and WiFi or even when connecting/disconnecting a device pluged at the USB port, among other kind of situations when a windows process/service state changes. Therefore: the functionality of such specific Acer program is deeply affected and unstable. Please, can someone (user or a certified professional from Acer) effectively give me a definitive answer that really solves such terrible problem ?? Thanks in advance.
  • JackE

This thread is 6 mos old. If earlier suggestions don't work, you may get more intention from other users by posting your own new thread on the issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ