Predator sense wont work, model PH517-51-75T7, just repaired my acer

Moto715
Moto715 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My laptop has just came back from repair, after waiting a week for acer to send the box and the power supply, it now wont let me use predator sense. Ive tried uninstalling and installed latest version but it keeps tellling me my computer is not supported model.

The system info has my model number down as PH517-51-75T7????

Is this because acer changed out the main board

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think the Acer technicians didn't install the correct windows for your device. You have to contact Acer again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Moto715

Tinkerer

What do you mean "didnt install the correct windows" ?

Is this something i can do? Are you talking about just removing and re installing windows 10 os??

i cant send it back to acer as out of the 6 months Ive owned it, ive only been able to use it for 3 and the rest of the time it has been either broken or waiting to be returned from repairs at acer...

If i have to send it back again, i will be asking them to keep it......
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Helios 500 is using an OEM copy of windows, to put simply without the correct OEM windows that is made for your device, predator sense can't recognise the system as capable for using it and it won't install. Even re-installing windows to factory won't help.

I think the OEM windows has something changed in the registry, which is needed for Predator Sense, but I don't know what that is.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Moto715

Tinkerer

So what are my options now?? I suppose I have to send away to acer again...?

This is crazy, how can a laptop at this level (and price) has so little support or quality? This laptop was recommended by the sales team to handle the demanding load of the 3D Design program i need to run.

So glad i paid top dollar to have a "High End" gaming laptop constantly broken or away for repairs, i have been declined of a replacement as requested the first time it failed and no support with a temporary loan PC, I was even charged to have my data backed up WTF??

Never again, gone are the days of customer support, i will be frizby-ing this brick through the front doors at harvey norman tomorrow!!!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    I would like you to inform, if in the acer care center, there is the model with the name "predator", see: https://za.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55826/~/error-message-sorry%21-this-computer-is-not-supported-when-installing
    Resultado de imagem para acer care center predator
    If it does not have the predator name, then a change must be made in bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Moto715

Tinkerer

I knew you would have the answer !!!

So the next question, is it possible that i can change the name?

Im guessing its not as simple as accessing the BIOS?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Only Acer technical support can use the dmitoolsx64 program to change the name in bios! You can also check if the problem is solved by updating the notebook bios, but it is a risky procedure!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • I would also like to know the reason, that you triggered the warranty on the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moto715

Tinkerer

I'm willing to take the risk, where should i get the latest BIOS download?

• Remembering that this procedure may not solve the problem! Do at your own risk: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7604?b=1
    I still think the best option is to contact Acer technical support again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Moto715

Tinkerer

it looks like because i already have the latest BIOS, i cannot update or change the current version. I will contact acer tech support again :(
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Yup as it was said above only acer techs can fix you bios with the correct model name or PS will never work on you model unfortunately that is a common mistake it happens a lot when they repair them on warranty it all depends on who is doing it and if who does it takes the time to check it if it was done properly

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Moto715

Tinkerer

I would also like to know the reason, that you triggered the warranty on the notebook?
    Because it all of a sudden shutdown, then when i rebooted it, the screen had heaps of lines and numbers etc through it, then it just shutdown again and i was never able to restart it. I was told that they had found a short on the board
  • Support technical of Acer in Australia: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/service-contact

egydiocoelho Trailblazer