• MT88875
    MT88875 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    My Acer swift 3 lasts about 9 hours on full charge
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    Battery runtime is completely dependent on how you yourself are using it, not how somebody else is using their's. If you're surfing the net, playing youtube videos, have screen brightness set to more than 50%, antivirus running in the background, etc---no way you're going to get even 8 hrs out of the battery. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SimplyInk
    SimplyInk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem! SIM Card tray is pops out a little, just like in your photo but unable to pull it out with my fingers.
  • JackE
    Options
    SimplyInk  Try using a tweezers or needle-nose pliers rather than your fingers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SimplyInk
    SimplyInk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE Thanks, didn't have access to tools so I wrapped the sim tray with post-it paper and used a pair of scissors to grip it - it worked!
  • JackE
    Options
    Good show! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thegreatwaldo
    thegreatwaldo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Acer spin5 great laptop impossible to open sd card slot.
    I'm on holiday and trying to remove the sd card cover without destroying the computer. It's a great laptop but the sd card cover is an absolute piece of *****. Whoever designed this item should be sacked. I'm nearly ready to bin this laptop as I need to get my photos onto it. Maybe some one from acer can inform me how to get the sd card cover out of this piece of *****.
    Cheers
    Andrew
  • JackE
    Options
    Try pushing it in. Then quickly release. It should be spring loaded to pop out a bit so you can grab it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Stvhayashi
    Stvhayashi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had the same ***** problem with Acer Swift 3, same model. SIM card tray is stuck no matter how i try to use pin or pulling it out etc, none will work.
    Warranty is over and my SIM card that i'm using int the laptop is also gonna be invalid hence i wanna take them out. What should i do, don't think it's right for me to pay a fee for their flaws in design.

Battery is terrible too, after 1 year of normal use, it will drop to 85% every time i turn it on without the power adapter but running on battery alone. This is despite i charging it full the day before i turn it on again.

The WiFi adapter is also a constant issue, so very often dropping it signal off or entirely disappear from the network adapter and i had to rely on my SIM card mobile data.

Lastly, the blue screen of death is also very common. Ok, this might be likely the Windows 10 updates fault.

Overall, very very disappointed and frustrated at Acer for selling such lousy *****. :(
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, if you're uncomfortable removing the cover yourself, then I suggest you take it to a local computer repair shop to extract the card. Labor charges should not be more than an hour. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ