An515-52 Acer Nitro 5 i5 8300h GTX 1050 4gb FPS

Options
karatzuche
karatzuche Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I see that even with undervolt -130mv my laptop can't handle apex legends in low without lag (45-60 fps in fights, under 60 most times). I saw that another person who has the exact same laptop as me has 100 fps in apex and i don't hit 100 even when i'm not fighting (70-80). Can u guys help me? Is my laptop broken? I got kingstone ssd a400 480gb. Also i get 80% score cpu in userbenchmark.com and 767 points in intel XTU benchmark. Temp seem to stay under 90 celsius after the undervolt (89 max temp, guess only for miliseconds)

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Is the RAM single or dual-channel? How much is the CPU's usage in task manager?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• karatzuche

Tinkerer

Options
    I  have only 1 ram of 8gb in 1 slot, second slot is free. Cpu usage with apex in taskbar and chrome on is 13-20%. 
  • karatzuche

Tinkerer

Options
    I set the game on windowed with 1366x728 rez and i saw in task manager that my cpu usage is 55% to 90% at some certain points
  • ven98
    Options
    Is the device plugged in while you play? The other person with the same laptop might have dual-channel, which improves the CPU performance.

There is no point running at above 60fps, because you are limited to 60Hz screen, unless you play on external high refresh rate monitor.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• karatzuche

Tinkerer

Options
    Hmm, i don t think that. He has exactly the same AN 515-52 acer nitro 5 laptop.. I guess i have to undervolt until it becomes unstable.
  • ven98
    Options
    An515-52 shows the CPU and GPU configuration. There are another 4 digits at the end(eg AN515-52-XY12) that show the memory and storage configuration, therefore you can find AN515-52 with 8GB and AN515-52 with 16GB RAM.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• flying_night_slasher
    flying_night_slasher Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the same specs on my nitro 5 and my game's are basically unplayable
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Options
    I have the same specs on my nitro 5 and my game's are basically unplayable

Please start a new Topic for your question and give your exact model number and precise details of the problem including CPU temperature when this occurs

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★