How to MOVE 2 gb of images FROM USB drive to Google Cloud on Acer 15................

MorningsMom
MorningsMom Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I've read the directions I found on several sites over and over, but them seem impossible to accomplish.  I have tried only a few to see if I can accomplish MOVING any of them FROM the Flash Drive to the Google Chrome Cloud using an Acer 15 Chromebook, Model GB3-532-C8DF.  The instructions are nearly ALL virtually identical.  Starting out with CLICKing on mouse pad, using another finger to collect several images and then it says 'without releasing, click............'  I must be misunderstanding; I've already got the mousepad clicked down.....I can't click it when it is already in that position.  I guess what I'm asking for is:  First, can you actually MOVE images (as in simultaneously REMOVE them from the Flash Drive and TRANSFER them to the cloud, as opposed to COPY them?  And: Can anyone give me step by step really simple sounding directions for MOVING them?  If I have to learn to even COPY THEM, I don't think I can keep track of which ones I have copied and which ones I haven't.  I am familiar with the accomplishing this task on Windows, actually do it routinely, but Chromebook is NEW to me, not to mention I haven't ever used even a straight forward lap top (as opposed to a Chromebook); so I suck at using a mouse pad.  Thank you to anyone willing to help WITH instructions OR to find instructions that I can hopefully understand. 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    @MorningsMom

Here are few easy ways to transfer the data.. 

1st > If you have these pictures anywhere on google photos then you dont need to transfer them anywhere because files in google photos would automatically show up in google drive

2nd > If you have these pictures only on USB drive then connect the device to chromebook. Open google drive webpage or app. On to the left side check for option to upload. Here you have 2 options a) upload file and b) upload folder. 

You can choose option b) upload folder then select the folder in USB drive and click upload. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • MorningsMom
    MorningsMom Member Posts: 2 New User
    I could not find an option for uploading on the google drive page.  ?  I have a windows laptop with 4 hard drives and 1 each external and internal optic drives.  My friend had a conventional window lap to with 1.89 gb photos on her hard drive....that is all she had on her computer.  She had 5 website icons for websites she uses.  Her lap top was dying and she asked me to help her select a replacement.  I did some research and believed Chromebook was the way for her to go and I even decided to get one for myself (as I said, it is my first laptop).  She was willing IF I could get her photos off her windows laptop before it died completely AND if I could get them on her Chromebook.  I'd read about how to do it (before we each got one, but now that we both have one, I have been unable to figure it out.  Your method sounded easy enough..........but since I can't don't see an option to upload, it isn't as easy as I anticipated.  Thank you though!!!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    If you can see the photos on a USB drive window, and you can see the google drive page window, then just select them all and drag them from the USB drive window to the google drive page window. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    I could not find an option for uploading on the google drive page.  ?  I have a windows laptop with 4 hard drives and 1 each external and internal optic drives.  My friend had a conventional window lap to with 1.89 gb photos on her hard drive....that is all she had on her computer.  She had 5 website icons for websites she uses.  Her lap top was dying and she asked me to help her select a replacement.  I did some research and believed Chromebook was the way for her to go and I even decided to get one for myself (as I said, it is my first laptop).  She was willing IF I could get her photos off her windows laptop before it died completely AND if I could get them on her Chromebook.  I'd read about how to do it (before we each got one, but now that we both have one, I have been unable to figure it out.  Your method sounded easy enough..........but since I can't don't see an option to upload, it isn't as easy as I anticipated.  Thank you though!!!
    I believe this video would answer your question.. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdwQJqybQc
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer