Acer Predator Triton 500(Predator PT515-51) with 2080RTX - nvidia driver problems

Options

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Acer launched a new bios on July 30, see: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7905?b=1
    Would this version solve the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • keelinb70
    keelinb70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am not in front of my pc so I dont know there is a setup or not) If there is not setup can you send a screenshot of folder content?

Wall beds Los Angeles

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Raptorr
    Raptorr Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    But I have not seen any reported cases of this problem with other manufacturers.
    Only Acer
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Raptorr said:
    But I have not seen any reported cases of this problem with other manufacturers.
    Only Acer
    Quite strange.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    I am not blaming any brands, Acer does this in every model. The models have lots of good specs but they have issues. My Acer has too, I tried to fix it like 1.5 years, it was very slow.
  • WardenRomeo
    WardenRomeo Member Posts: 97 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Raptorr said:
    Yes yes I will do the same
    Have u done it?
    If yes are u still having the issue?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Probably trying the latest nvidia gamescon driver would solve the issue ??? as they say its their best driver of the last few years (meaning they havent been providing us with the best tweaked drivers for our hardware) but that everyone already knows its not news :p

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    Yeah, when I first had this issue was 3 months later. My Gsync is not working and my GeForce Experience not any more I don't know why...
    And I have a very good luck cuz even my wifi card does not work well so I'll bring it up (I have been using it for almost 5 months now because I couldn't bring it back during holidays...).
    So I hope they'll give me one new because I saw this problem of wifi card is not repairable :(
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    xapim said:
    Probably trying the latest nvidia gamescon driver would solve the issue ??? as they say its their best driver of the last few years (meaning they havent been providing us with the best tweaked drivers for our hardware) but that everyone already knows its not news :p
    I've already tested, the following day my screen turned off 2 times in one day and my game (rainbow 6) crashed 1 time...
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    xapim said:
    I've already tested, the following day my screen turned off 2 times in one day and my game (rainbow 6) crashed 1 time...
    Have you tried switching main gpu with eGPU (or what is) to fix?
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    Thx dude!
    "Gaming laptop" "enjoy ur game" 
    Yeah nice now I'm suspended cuz the laptop crashed the last round of the game, and I took like 10 minutes to power it on and launch the game!

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Thx dude!
    Yeah nice now I'm suspended cuz the laptop crashed the last round of the game, and I took like 10 minutes to power it on and launch the game!

Looking by your situation, get your PC replaced or checked at Acer Service Center before they ban you completely lol.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    XdxD said:
    Thx dude!

Looking by your situation, get your PC replaced or checked at Acer Service Center before they ban you completely lol.
    Yeah, I'll do that next week!
    But hope they'll repair fast...
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    Any news ?
    Mine is being repaired and I'm getting it this Tuesday.
  • WardenRomeo
    Options
    Okay weird, they reinstalled thw BIOS only, no repairation.
    For now Gsync seems to work and my wifi card too. Anyone sent the laptop back there ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What version has uefi-bios been updated to?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    What version has uefi-bios been updated to?
    Something really weird happened!
    The second day of use I installed a game that I also installed the day when the first screen issue happened. My screen turned off as I wasn't expecting (no really). So, coïncidence or not?

Now pls guys answer me, Have you tested a game which is called TDU2 there ?

Pls tell me the game you played before this issue!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I do not own this notebook model. However, it is very likely that the technical service has updated the bios to the latest version: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7905?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• WardenRomeo
    Options
    @egydiocoelho I have a question for you because you seem to know pretty good software.
    Is it even possible what I said in the last comment, I mean, is it possible that the game (TDU2) or any other game can totally break something in the files of the BIOS which could cause that kind of problems? 
    The problem of the screen that turned off randomly, but in every games after the first issue.