Query Related To Gaming Laptop

Options
lekhana
lekhana Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
What is the best Gaming Laptop under 500$? Should be like long lasting and should support all type of gaming purpose. Please Suggest me the best one under these circumstances.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @tobimaru, I don't think you can find brand new Nitro 5(i5-8300h, GTX 1050, 1TB HDD) for under 650$. For under 500$ you might be able to find a MX130 or MX150 equipped laptop, but nothing near a GTX 1050. 

@lekhana, for an entry level gaming laptop with GTX 1050, you should be ready to spend at least around 650$. With MX130 most recent games should be somewhat playable at 720p resolution, low settings. MX150 is around 40-50% faster than MX130. Mind that there are 2 different versions of MX-150, one is 25W TDP, while the other is 10W. For under 500$ your other option is a laptop with amd ryzen 5 2500u with vega8 graphics, which performs between MX130 and MX150, that would be the acer aspire a315-41.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Your requirements are a little vague! At any rate, a gaming laptop of reputable build quality that will play most modern games in the $500 USD price range would likely be an i5-equipped Acer Nitro 5. You might have to look a little, but I'm confident you can find them in that price range these days.

You'll likely be playing anywhere between Low to High graphics settings as I would not expect much more than a GTX 1050-1060 equipped laptop. This card can play modern games but not on Ultra or even High across the board.

In order to better recommend a laptop give us some more detailed uses you have in mind. The biggest issue you will have in this price range is performance and battery life. If it is a big performer, it will have very short battery life. And if it has great battery life, it will probably lack in performance. This is the double-edged sword of budget gaming laptops. Plan to spend much more to get the best of both worlds out of the same machine.
  • lekhana

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. It should be like general gaming purpose not about high range games. I can not afford more than 500$.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning lekhana !

Being of Gamer segment, in this value no equipment is made available or offered support.
    Only starting from $ 1,300.00

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @tobimaru, I don't think you can find brand new Nitro 5(i5-8300h, GTX 1050, 1TB HDD) for under 650$. For under 500$ you might be able to find a MX130 or MX150 equipped laptop, but nothing near a GTX 1050. 

@lekhana, for an entry level gaming laptop with GTX 1050, you should be ready to spend at least around 650$. With MX130 most recent games should be somewhat playable at 720p resolution, low settings. MX150 is around 40-50% faster than MX130. Mind that there are 2 different versions of MX-150, one is 25W TDP, while the other is 10W. For under 500$ your other option is a laptop with amd ryzen 5 2500u with vega8 graphics, which performs between MX130 and MX150, that would be the acer aspire a315-41.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    ven98 said:

Try refurbished or even used! Acer still provides a warranty with their refurbished units. I bought my refurbished Nitro 5 at a significant discount from http://www.newegg.com/ at the time and it was a good deal. No regrets. They are currently out of stock for this model, but it's worth looking around - https://acerrecertified.com/acer-nitro-5-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-2-50-ghz-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050ti-4gb-8-gb-ram-256-gb-ssd-windows-10-home-an515-51-55wl/

Some of these may qualify - https://acerrecertified.com/laptops/15-6/?_bc_fsnf=1&Screen+Size=15.6"&Processor+Type=Intel+Core+i5&Hard+Drive=1+TB

• lekhana

Tinkerer

Options
    ven98 said:

Your Suggestion is so valuable. It will help to me