Turbo Boost ACER NITRO 5 AN515-52

Options
karatzuche
karatzuche Member Posts: 24

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
i started using throttlestop recently as i see my temps going too high, also i noticed that even after -120mv it seems stable but the temp ar still hitting 95 celsius sometimes. Also, i see that my frequency goes over 3,9 ghz as it is its limit(3956 mhz exactly). Can u help me reduce the turbo frecuency using throttlestop ?? 

Answers

• karatzuche

Tinkerer

Options
    How to lower frequency using TPL tab in throttlestop exactly
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    If you brave enough, you can change the thermalpaste & get another 10-15c off.

You can also try to undervolt further, got mine 8300h to -250mw on cache & -175mw on core which results in roughly ~0.9-0.93v at 3.9ghz (gaming 75-85c, cpu only stress ~70-75c)

You can also change multiplier in throttlestop using  core ratios in the "fivr" tab

Also remember if you have a 8300h it will boost to 4.0ghz 1-3 cores loaded & 3.9ghz when all 4 are loaded

• karatzuche

Tinkerer

Options
    my laptop is 3 weeks old, i think i dont need to change the thermalpaste
  • hayz3doubt
    hayz3doubt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    You would be wrong just as I was. Temps dropped nearly 8*c on average. I also noticed that the tabs that hold the heatsink down weren't putting much pressure on it. After adjusting those with new paste and a .11 undervolt it stays under 90* in any game.
  • Nathizzle
    Nathizzle Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    You would be wrong just as I was. Temps dropped nearly 8*c on average. I also noticed that the tabs that hold the heatsink down weren't putting much pressure on it. After adjusting those with new paste and a .11 undervolt it stays under 90* in any game.
    I changed my Thermal Paste a month after my purchase but I get the same temps I used to. I did find undervolting knocked off about 8*c tho. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited August 2019
    Options

@karatzuche They don't use great thermal paste, this is a common problem on this forum. Also use a powered cooling mat. Repasting may void your warranty depending on your region so contact your local Acer support. if it doesn't invalidate your warranty repaste with Grizzly Kryonaut and google "Repaste Nitro 5 " for a step by step video on Youtube

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★