I cant change my Operating System when trying to update bios

Simar
Simar Member Posts: 11 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Spec
Aspire MC605, BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P11-A2, 2012-10-26
SNID:************

And when I was trying to update my bios(on Drivers and Manuals), it didn't give me the option to select Windows 10, it only gave me the option to select Windows 8 and 8.1

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night Simar !

Access the BIOS and create the superuser password.
    After that savl and restart.
    Enter Bios again.
    Disable SecureBoot.
    Now you can see the option "other operating systems"

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Simar
    MaClane said:
    Good night Simar !

Access the BIOS and create the superuser password.
    After that savl and restart.
    Enter Bios again.
    Disable SecureBoot.
    Now you can see the option "other operating systems"

It still didn't work, still gives me the same options. I think the problem is with the site not my pc, but that's just a guess
  • MaClane
    During the Boot, press F12 to access the Boot menu.
    If it is not displayed, check if your Bios has the option to activate it.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Simar
    edited March 2019
    MaClane said:
    During the Boot, press F12 to access the Boot menu.
    If it is not displayed, check if your Bios has the option to activate it.
    What do I do next/once I get there, to get the option to select windows 10
  • MaClane
    Have you installed Windows 10 or are you trying to install?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Simar
    edited March 2019
    MaClane said:
    Have you installed Windows 10 or are you trying to install?

i have windows 10 installed
  • OK! You want to update the bios using windows 10, correct? If so, why do you want to update the bios? If you still choose to upgrade the bios, you try through the command prompt as administrator:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Simar
    OK! You want to update the bios using windows 10, correct? If so, why do you want to update the bios? If you still choose to upgrade the bios, you try through the command prompt as administrator:

you still need to Get Acer BIOS Package that is step one and I need to update bios because I'm having trouble with my graphics card and most people said updating will help
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)