Touch pad not working | Acer Nitro 5 | AN515-52

2»

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • raptr
    raptr Member Posts: 22 Networker

getting an error
  • Can you check the version of windows that is installed? Look:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • raptr

here it is
  • Can you install the driver by clicking here?

If that does not work, I believe you should reinstall windows! To do this, enter the bios and switch the touchpad to advanced function and activate the d2drecovery function and then save it on exit! Immediately press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo to reinstall windows!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    Can you install the driver by clicking here?

If that does not work, I believe you should reinstall windows! To do this, enter the bios and switch the touchpad to advanced function and activate the d2drecovery function and then save it on exit! Immediately press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo to reinstall windows!
    it didnt worked. re-installed windows. now everything working fine..

thanks..
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,160 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    @egydiocoelho

the touchpad gone again, after a while.

im not getting whats the real issue here..
  • OK! We can now try reinstalling the factory operating system. You need to back up your files and then watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleJNW3VTEs

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    OK! We can now try reinstalling the factory operating system. You need to back up your files and then watch this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GleJNW3VTEs
    Thanks for being supportive for the whole time.

But, now the touchpad is working fine.

all i did was, i installed a software called "Drive easy pro" software. it automatically installed the i2c driver which i was unable to install manually.
    Now the touchpad is working as charm..

The i2c driver driver started to show an error when i installed the intel chipset driver.
    i think the chipset driver is the main cause.
    but, then i realized i did installed the chipset driver when bios version was 1.22
    later the touchpad stopped working when i updated bios to 1.24

so, the issue is with either the bios upgrade or the chipset driver.

its just the assumption. :)

Hope it might help..

Thanks
  • I think it was just a problem with drivers and not with bios!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sparrow011
    sparrow011 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Download the touchpad drivers VENDOR: ELANTECH from the acer support. The SYNAPTICS is the basic one it won't have some features and it won't work unless you change in the BIOS