Touch pad not working | Acer Nitro 5 | AN515-52

raptr
raptr Member Posts: 22 Networker
All of a sudden my touchpad is not working. 

Even, i checked in device manager. The driver itself is not there. Also, tried to install driver. didnt worked.

Bios ver. 1.24
Windows 10, all updates are upto date.

Answers

• Jumbo_1907
    Jumbo_1907 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I'm having the same issue with my aspire 7 
  • raptr
    @Jumbo_1907  Is that anything to do with Bios update ?
  • Jumbo_1907
    Jumbo_1907 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

@raptr I didn't update anything (only my windows updates ofcourse)
  • raptr

After installing the driver, its says ready to use. Nothing works.

Also tried using hotkeys (Fn + F7). Nothing works.
  • raptr

Just switched the touchpad to basic in bios settings. touchpad is working now.

But, if i want to switch to advanced, its showing a message that "i2c drivers should be installed. otherwise the touchpad wont work".

where will i get the i2c drivers ?
  • raptr

fyi..

(message displayed when selecting advanced mode for touchpad in bios)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    The drivers for this mouse are on the human interface devices! I'd like to check if it's being shown as a hidden device:

In addition, the a715-52 model has the same bios and there is a new version of bios, version 1.25, which adds a function with respect to the backlight keyboard: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/7627?b=1
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    raptr said:

Just switched the touchpad to basic in bios settings. touchpad is working now.

But, if i want to switch to advanced, its showing a message that "i2c drivers should be installed. otherwise the touchpad wont work".

where will i get the i2c drivers ?
    Would you mind trying the ELAN driver?
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • raptr
    @egydiocoelho yeah the driver is hidden.
    What to do next ??

• raptr
    @XdxD , yep, did that. no luck.
  • When you click on the elan i2c driver driver, does it show any error code? Can you provide us with the idhardware of this device? Example of idhardware:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • raptr
    edited March 2019
    @egydiocoelho   
    after double clicking, im getting the following messsage..

the hardware ids are as follows..

• Did this issue occur after updating bios to version 1.24 or after updating windows? I would like you to copy the idhardware of this device and also send a photo of the hidden devices of the human interface device:

see that in my notebook this synaptics driver appears!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    I think, all this issue started when i updated the bios. Because, at that time there were no windows update available.

here is the screenshot for human interface devices..

• OK! I want the idhardware of that device:

Also, just to confirm, you upgraded bios to version 1.24 and presented this problem, correct? If so, there is a new version of bios that works on your model and adds a function over the keyboard light: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.25_A_A.zip?acerid=636886480231937874&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE A715-72G&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3
    The model a715-72 and an515-52, use the same bios! However the upgrade is a risky procedure and I do not take any responsibility for any damage!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    idhardware for that device is..

will update the bios now..
    after this,
    in bios,do i need to switch to advanced in touchpad ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    Yes you should change as soon as you update the bios! However, I do not take any responsibility for any damage! Can you copy this idhardware here in the text?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    Updated bios..

by default, touchpad was set to advanced in bios.

after windows login, the touchpad didnt worked.
    switched back to basic again in bios. now touchpad is working..

ids you asked in text..

ACPI\VEN_ELAN&DEV_0504
    ACPI\ELAN0504
    *ELAN0504

• In fact, I need the idhardware of this device:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• raptr
    @egydiocoelho

fyi..

HID\VEN_ELAN&DEV_0504&Col03
    HID\ELAN0504&Col03
    HID\*ELAN0504&Col03
    HID\VID_04F3&UP:000D_U:0005
    HID_DEVICE_UP:000D_U:0005
    HID_DEVICE