Does the Acer Nitro 5 support 144hz Display?

Options
Boundn
Boundn Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I’ve recently purchased an Acer nitro 5 laptop off of amazon, and have a asus vg248qe (144hz enabled) monitor and was wondering if the laptop had the correct ports to connect to my monitor and get 144hz refresh rate. The gpu in the system being the 1050ti. Thanks!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The laptop has HDMI port only, which I think is version 2.0(even if it is 1.4, it should still be bale output 120Hz), so as long as the monitor supports 144Hz via HDMI, it should work.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Nitro5userdotexe
    Nitro5userdotexe Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    The laptop has HDMI port only, which I think is version 2.0(even if it is 1.4, it should still be bale output 120Hz), so as long as the monitor supports 144Hz via HDMI, it should work.
    THANK YOU.  Everywhere I looked for an answer like this all I saw were answers that didn't tell me what I wanted to know.
  • Omar456
    Omar456 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    THANK YOU.  Everywhere I looked for an answer like this all I saw were answers that didn't tell me what I wanted to know.
    Hi, Just got the same monitor and I have the Acer nitro w/o the ports, Only USB-C 3.1 gen 1. Were you able to get 144?