My Acer Iconica A1 830 will only show the 'Acer explore beyond limits' screen... how do i clear this

Caz79
Caz79 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
My Acer Iconica A1 830 will only show the 'Acer explore beyond limits' screen... how do i clear this? It is charged, and charges fine, but will not show anything other than this screen?!?!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    That is often caused by a corrupted profile or OS load. The first case usually responds well to a reset of the tablet, backup your data first if you haven't got it archiving automatically already. The second case usually means reinstalling the OS and Acer usually has those images online at their support site.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Caz79
    Thanks, where do I get the software to reinstall from? I managed the reset, but it hadn’t changed / I still only get the Acer screen. 
  • billsey
    From the Acer support site for your model. It looks like it came originally with 4.1 and was upgraded to 4.4. I believe all SKUs were WW_GEN1 on these, so there's only the one 4.4 download. You will need an SD card to install from...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Caz79
    An SD CARD? Do I have to save the download to an SD card then put the card in the tablet? Sorry, I’m such a techno phone! 
  • billsey
    Yup, look in the zip file you download to see if it's the archive of the OS load or another zip (they've used both scheme on different models). If it's just a bunch of files and folders just put the zip file into the root of a blank SD card and put the card in the tablet. If the zip file contains another zip (usually update.zip) extract and put the update.zip file in the root of the SD card. The SD card needs to be formatted FAT32. The you can use the power + volume button to boot into recovery mode and it'll ask if you want to install the update from the SD card.